A Cosy Day at Home

a quick walk around the marina after personal training yesterday

Yesterday was one of the good days. I completed my chores list, had a great personal training session and an okay attempt at seated Tai Chi, and a really lovely afternoon learning how to play canasta. 

As I expected there were three new exercises in my personal training session, two with weights and the third one involved stretching and squats ... these all require much more effort than any I have done before but I was able to do them, which I'm really chuffed about. I have a few aches this morning but today is going to be a cosy day at home, so I'll have time for a soak in the bath once I finally drag my aching body out of bed!

The canasta group was a resounding success and I will be adding the twice monthly sessions as a regular event in my diary. It's an easy game to pick up the basics and now I just need some more practice to fully understand  the strategy side of the game. The group were very welcoming and the whole afternoon was a good laugh ... there is something very sociable about a group of people sitting round a table, playing cards and chatting and just generally having a good time.

Today is going to be very different. G will be here this afternoon to cut my hair but that's the only thing in the diary. I'm wanting a quieter day and, as it is considerably colder I will be tucked up at home, wearing my oodie and cuddling a hot water bottle, and just potter around doing whatever I fancy ... I'm fairly sure that it won't be housework!

Comments

  1. Lovely photo of the marina! Well done with all the new exercises, too! Glad you enjoyed your afternoon of playing canasta. Sounds like you've found a nice group of new friends. :) Hope you enjoy your quieter day at home, not doing any housework, and getting your hair cut! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. The new exercises were a challenge but I did manage to do them, which cheered me up. The afternoon playing canasta was great. I didn't feel like the 'new girl' at all and they made me feel so welcome. I received a list of all their contact details today as well as the timetable showing when we'll meet and where so my diary is looking very full. xx

      Delete
  2. There's good aches and there's bad aches, aren't there. Yours are of the 'good' variety and show work well done.
    I'm glad yesterday went so well and today sounds just perfect. Enjoy! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, these were definitely 'good' aches. The sessions are getting harder but she always manages to make it fun and I'm loving it.

      Yesterday was great but busy, and today has been the exact opposite ... reading and piano mostly. xx

      Delete
  3. You must be chaffed with being able to do squats! Glad your new cards group was a positive addition. Housework will definitely be on my to do list today & because of that I'll be doing a few squats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the squats quite easy and actually enjoy doing them. Not sure that I would if housework is involved though!

      The canasta group was great and I really enjoyed myself. xx

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful day. I hope your aches have eased and you are having a relaxed day today. I bought myself a Percy Pig fleecy thing from Marks, just a less expensive Oodie and I love it, especially today. We have snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day thanks Eileen. the aches wore off quite early on and I've spent most of the day reading with a couple of breaks to play the piano. I saw the Percy Pig fleeces when I was looking through their site ... it looks good and glad that you love yours.

      Snow! I don't envy you that. We've had frost and the roads are icy but thankfully no snow. xx

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a good day. Love the photo of the marina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a good day, lovely and relaxing. Thanks re the photo. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts