A Day for Pottering

two new cardigans
 

Let's start with the good. I tried on my new clothes and everything fits. As well as the two cardigans shown in the photo I also have this jumper in blue and these trousers in charcoal and I'm keeping all four items. Best of all is that they are all a size smaller than I usually buy! The not so good is that I had to return the storage jars. One of them was broken but I really wasn't happy with the quality so have returned them all for a refund. I will order again but select a different company next time.

I had quite a productive day yesterday. I sorted out a lot more items to send to the Vintage Cash Cow to see whether they are interested in the items and how much they will offer me. I need to speak to them today to check on a few other things and, if they are interested in everything, will arrange for them to collect ... there'll be five big boxes leaving the house if they're able to accept everything.

I also sorted out things between the two freezers and have made a list to top up the garage freezer. I cooked up a batch of pasta sauce and a batch of chicken curry and that's all been frozen in portions. I may cook up another couple of batches today, one chicken and one vegetables, but haven't decided on the actual recipes yet.

While I was out in the garage I rounded up the rest of the hand tools and brought them indoors to add to the others in the tool bag. I don't have that many as I gave most of Ced's tools to my nephews, working on the principle that they would get more use from them than I would especially when they came round to sort out the odd jobs for me! So the tools are now organised and in one place and although this wasn't one of the things I was tolerating, I am pleased to have finally got it done.

Today I need to run a couple of loads of washing and I have my Italian and piano practice to do. For the rest of the time I'll just potter about and carry on clearing a few more tasks.

Comments

  1. Those are nice cardigans and I like the other two items of clothing you bought, too. Congratulations on having a smaller size fit you! All your walking, personal training, and careful eating are having an effect!
    Sounds like you had a very productive day, yesterday, and hope your day goes well, today, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I'd been stuck at the bigger size for ages so am really pleased to be choosing clothes in the smaller size .... still very big but it is a smaller size and I'm happy with that for now.

      Today has been good thanks. xx

      Delete
  2. That was an extremely productive day! I love the cardigans but such a shame about the storage jars. It would have been nice to get that done. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things always work out for the best and I've now chosen some storage jars that I think will work better for me. They should be here next week so it's not long to wait. xx

      Delete
  3. I do like what you have bought, I tend to stick to M&S for clothes now. That's great that everything fits and in a smaller size too. What a shame about the storage jars and hopefully better luck with your replacements. Have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like M&S because I know what size I need for their clothes. It's a bit hit and miss with other stores and I often get disappointed with the fit and have to return items. I've chosen some new jars, which are better sizes for my needs. They should be here next week. Hope you have a lovely day too. xx

      Delete
  4. I like your four items, all look easy to mix & match. Thankfully none of the broken glass got in with the other items. I like those days when we can potter about with no have to hanging over head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think they will be easy to mix and match. I already have a skirt that matches the pink stars on the starry jumper. The blue jumper is to wear with jeans when I go out to take photos - it's really thick and should keep me warm.

      Pottering days are the best sort of day! xx

      Delete
  5. I do like your cardigans, especially the one with the stars on. I would rather a cardigan than jumpers so I can layer. Well done on being a size smaller than usual. You got quite a lot done yesterday. We currently keep all the tools in the shed, but I think I would like to keep some inside, so that if I notice something it can be done straight away. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the starry one best. I prefer to wear layers so the cardigans are useful for that, but sometimes I wear them buttoned up like jumpers.

      I like to have the tools in the house ... I personally have only used screwdrivers, hammer, and pliers since I've been in this house, and it's just easier to have them to hand in the house. xx

      Delete
  6. The cardigans look lovely. It sounds like a really productive day of picking up all the little bits of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyssa. I like days like this and it feels like I got loads done so I can relax without feeling guilty over the weekend. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts