Weekly Reflections

ready for first day of lessons 😀
note to self - need to get a new music bag!
 

Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • phoning, texting and emailing with family and friends
  • enjoying my trial lessons with the new piano teacher, and
  • getting back to playing the piano again
  • resuming personal training after the Christmas break
  • meeting with J for a spur of the moment lunch 
  • playing my Nintendo Switch Ring Fit game and managing not to injure myself!
  • making plans for all that I want to achieve this year
  • getting out of the house more times this week than I have for ages 
  • seeing some signs of new growth in the garden, plus
  • enjoying the arrival of the new gardening catalogues ... I may be compiling a wish list for this year's planting!
  • taking two boxes to the charity shop
  • enjoying homemade bread
  • appreciating my Twelve Days of Christmas gifts ... I almost didn't do it this year but I'm glad I did
  • selling some items and adding to my camera fund
  • seeing a blog update from Eileen who blogs at Deja Brew ll
  • looking forward to watching the new series of The Great Pottery Throwdown tonight

I am grateful ...
  • to S for all his help ... again
  • that friends and family have recovered from Covid
  • for all the opportunities that a new year brings 

Comments

  1. Aww thank you Eileen for including me in your list. I've missed the interaction with my lovely blogging friends but I'm back now. and you cheer me up too. You've just made my day so much brighter xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. It really did cheer me up to see you posting again. As I've said, you have been missed and I'm glad you have decided to continue blogging. xx

      Delete
  2. Oh - I nearly forgot about Pottery Throw Down. Thanks - I'll check that it will be recorded.
    What a brilliant week you've had. I'm so glad the lesson went well and that you are happy to continue. And I really love that bag . . .

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a very good week looking back over it. I'll write more about the lesson tomorrow but I thoroughly enjoyed the trial lesson and have a feeling I may do much better with face to face lessons. The bag is great, a gift years ago from my nephew and his wife, but unfortunately is not waterproof. xx

      Delete
  3. What a lovely week of wonderful things to be cheerful about and grateful for! A very good start to the new year, I'd say! It's hard to believe that a week has gone by already, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Bless, yes it's been a great start to the new year and I'm hoping the rest of the year follows on to be the same. Yes, I can't believe the a week has gone by so quickly! xx

      Delete
  4. Your bag is perfect, can't it go in the washing machine, and stay with you longer. We are looking forward to the pottery throwdown, I say we as hubby now loves it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I has been washed but the stains are there to stay. Unfortunately it's not waterproof and now I am having face to face lessons I need to be able to get from the car to the building with dry music. The main problem is that it's not really big enough for my needs now. I may still used it in my music room, possibly to store accessories for instruments, or it may go to my one of my great nieces or nephews for their music books/lessons.

      Hope you enjoy the Great Pottery Throwdown. xx

      Delete
  5. I decided to sort through my books, bag them up and took them to the charity shop straight away. I didn't allow myself the chance to double check and remove some! Plus I signed up for Gift Aid so the charity gets 25% extra when sold. A good day! Now to tackle my clothes and do the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done of getting some of your sorting done, and well done for not returning any of it to the shelves! Hope the clothes sorting is just as successful. xx

      Delete
  6. Well done for adding some more money to your camera fund!

    Also good that you took 2 boxes to the charity shop. I have started a new donate box but I need to get started on adding more items. I really need to let some things go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can start looking for cameras now and can then work out how much more I need. I'm thinking about getting a mirrorless one this time.

      Now I'm nearing the end of the big decluttering project I am finding it much easier to let things go . Maybe because I realise that I haven't missed anything that I have got rid of.

      Delete
  7. Lots of good stuff on that list!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts