Weekly Reflections

new beginnings!
 

Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • phoning, texting and emailing with family and friends
  • enjoying a long lunch with L
  • making some progress with The Big Clean of the house
  • plenty of opportunities for laughter this week
  • deciding on my One Little Word for this year ... well, three words this time, and thanks go to Joy as they are her idea - the Three Cs: contentment, consistency and confidence
  • playing the piano
  • filling my diary with new groups to join and interests to develop
  • seeing more signs of life in the garden
  • enjoying patches of sunshine when the rain stops for a while
  • receiving some more books from my sister, a good selection this time
  • feeling relieved by the outcome from my latest eye check ... all good news!
  • finally getting the garage door replaced 

I am grateful ...
  • for the local Link Transport service, who drove me to and from the hospital for my appointment in the Retina Clinic
  • to know that my eye health will be checked every six months from now on
  • that my sister has received good news relating to her own health issues 

Comments

  1. So much good news about your eye and your sister's good news about her health concerns. A good news week for sure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. I've especially pleased for my sister as she has been very poorly and they haven't been able to find the cause but she is now on the mend. xx

      Delete
  2. Isn't it lovely to see the bulbs showing - such a heartwarming sight. And this is a heartwarming read. I'm glad for your good news. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. The sight of all the bulbs is lovely, all the bright green shoots poking through the soil just make me smile. Mother Nature is wonderful! xx

      Delete
  3. laughter! I will look at it as patches of sunshine. lol. far and few in between, but sure thing when they are there I am very grateful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That well know saying about laughter being the best medicine is very true. I do my best to laugh a lot! xx

      Delete
  4. Glad there was no cause for alarm re. eye. Big relief! Opportunities for laughter are indeed priceless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I somehow missed this comment.

      Thanks, as you can imagine I am very relieved. I'm starting to be able to find more opportunities for laughter which can only be a good thing. xx

      Delete
  5. Lots of lovely reasons to be cheerful and grateful! I am so happy to hear the good health news for both you and your sister. The photo of the bulbs sending up new growth is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. It's good news for both of us but I am especially pleased for my sister.

      The bulbs are sending up lots of new growth. I'll do a garden update soon so you can see.

      Sorry for the delay is responding to your comment ... I don't know how I missed it. xx

      Delete
  6. Yay on your sister's good health news. That is a really good reason to be grateful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susanne, it's great news for her and for all the family. I've been really worried about her. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts