A Day of Retail Therapy!

you're always guaranteed a good meal here

Yesterday's lunch with L was the best and we both had a great time. We are both trying to lose weight and on the way to the pub we both decided that we'd only have the main course but no starter or dessert but, and we are sure it's not our fault, there must be some device in the entry porch that strips away your willpower as you enter so we both ended up ordering all three courses. It was worth it though, even though I think it's highly likely that it's cancelled out the three pounds I'd lost so far this year!!

Today is another busy day. I have a booked myself on a coach trip to Clarks Village, an outlet shopping village about 35 miles away. I could easily drive to this, it's not that far, but I like the convenience of the coach trip and by the time I take parking costs into account, the coach works out to be good value. I'm planning to buy some new shoes so my first stop will be the Clarks store before I get too tired and my feet start to swell. Then I'm hoping to buy at least two outfits and a new jacket from the M&S Outlet, Next Clearance, and Cotton Traders stores, but there are plenty of other stores if I can't find anything suitable in the ones I've mentioned. I've already thought about the colours I want and will only be buying things that mix and match. I've allowed myself a decent budget which I will stick to ... all of the stores still have their sales so I should be able to pick up some bargains. We'll be there for at least five hours so there will be plenty of stops for coffee and midday eats ... I know from experience that this can turn into a really tiring day so I'm going to pace myself properly this time.

Comments

  1. It's a few years since I've been there, it's huge, I love the high street in the town as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's definitely huge. The high street is good too and I prefer the cafes in the actual town. xx

      Delete
  2. Having a three course meal with a friend in a nice place to eat is worth a few extra pounds, not many calories really :) Have a great day of retail therapy it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it was definitely worth it. I weighed this morning and no real damage done!

      Sadly, had to cancel the coach trip and and waiting in A&E for my eyes to be checked again - one pupil is still dilated this morning.

      Delete
  3. Glad you enjoyed your meal with L and you'll probably walk off the calories from the three courses when you go shopping today! Enjoy your shopping trip and hope you find all the items you hope to buy. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your purchases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The meal was great and we'll have a repeat next month, though will choose a new venue. I've cancelled the actual shopping trip as have has to return to the hospital so have ordered some stuff online - one pair or trousers, two cardigans and one jumper so far! If they don't hurry up and discharge me I will end up spending a fortune!

      Delete
  4. I like the Clarks Village, we sometimes stop there on the way back from Wales. I now buy all my trainers from Clarks as they are so comfortable. Hope you have a good shopping trip. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I like the Clarks trainers. We have a Clarks shop in town and I always get my trainers there ... very comfy and last well.

      It's turned into an online shopping trip. I had to cancel the coach as one of my pupils was still dilated this morning. I'm at the hospital waiting for the results of their checks and hopefully will be allowed home soon. I've been ordering online while I wait!

      Delete
  5. Oh, I love outlet shopping, and look forward to hearing what you found when I get caught up on your posts. I find having a firm time limit also helps on keeping a firm budget limit and I wonder if that was the case for you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I had to cancel the trip but I know you have already seen the reason why in a later post. I'm usually pretty good at sticking to my budget. I've never thought that the time limit makes a difference ... usually on these coach trips I'm flagging for the last hour and end up waiting in a café so if I did overspend, it would be on cake!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts