A Day to Try New Things!

guess who can't remember what these are? ... planted last autumn so a new addition to the spring display, and there's loads of them!
 

My weekend plans had to change and I cancelled the coach trip to Clarks Village. When I was getting ready on Saturday I noticed that the pupil in my left eye was still dilated almost 16 hours after the appointment and it's supposed to correct itself in about 4 hours. I phoned the NHS helpline and was told to go to the A&E department where I spent most of the day. They carried out various tests and scans and while I was there my pupil reverted to the correct size so I was eventually discharged. All the tests and scans were normal but I understand there may be a follow up appointment. 

While I was waiting for all the results to come through I indulged in some online shopping to make up for missing the trip. I've order a pair of trousers, two cardigans, one jumper, and a pair of sandals, as well as the storage jars and assorted items I want for the house. I was going to look at Matalan's clothing yesterday but decided to wait until my selection from M&S arrives, which should be tomorrow, and then see which items I keep before looking at Matalan's selection for things that will mix and match. 

I have personal training this morning. It's the first day of the next set of sessions so there should be a couple of new exercises thrown in the mix. Once that's finished I have to return a library book and then back to home to catch up with the admin tasks ... there's not much to do and none of it is urgent but I am trying to stay on top of it and not let it become a problem. 

This afternoon I'm off to a new-to-me U3A group to learn how to play Canasta. I've been assured that the game is easy to pick up and I've had a quick look online to get a rough idea of the rules so I should be okay. I know the women who runs this particular group as her late husband was my late partner's best friend but I haven't seen her since my partner's funeral so it will be good to catch up. 

This evening I am trying out a new-to-me seated Tai Chi class. I'll be out when the live class is on ... it's online ... so will use the recording of today's session.

I hope you all have a good day too.

Comments

  1. They look a bit like Lily of the Valley but it's a bit too early, isn't it?
    What a shame about the necessary change of plans but the online shopping sounds a great idea. Hopefully, the eye will not cause any more problems but it was right to get it checked out.
    It sounds like a busy day but a very enjoyable one - all the best with all the new things. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or an early tulip??? xx

      Delete
    2. I think you're right and it's a tulip. We shared a bag of them and M planted them around the garden but didn't tell me where she planted them so I could have a surprise! xx

      Delete
    3. How nice to see them coming up. xx

      Delete
    4. It's lovely and a bit of a treasure hunt looking for them! xx

      Delete
  2. I'm glad the pupil of your eye reverted to regular size while you were at the A&E and they did some additional checks and scans, even if it meant missing out on your shipping trip. Maybe you can go on another shopping trip, later.
    Curious to see what the new plant turns out to be!
    Sounds like a busy day with several new things to try! Hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. It was more important to get my eye checked so I'm not too upset about missing the shopping trip. I think the new plant is a tulip ... see my comment to Joy (above).

      It was a busy day and I did have fun, thanks. xx

      Delete
  3. Our vision is so precious & I am glad that your pupil prolonged dilation righted itself. Online shopping can be a good substitution when getting into the shops isn't easy. Fingers crossed all your clothing purchases fit & look better than on the screen. It is a good day to have a good day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a relief when the pupil sorted itself out! The online shopping is due today (Tuesday) so I will soon know how it all looks and fits ... keeping fingers crossed!

      And it definitely was a good day!

      Delete
  4. What a shame you had to change you plans on Saturday, still much better to be safe with your eye. I can understand how concerning the eye is as I have a fixed pupil in one of my eyes, it doesn't dilate or contract, but as I am now aware of it, I just have to make sure my eyes are protected on sunny days not to damage the retina and notify any medical people in case they think there is something wrong. Have fun to-day trying new things. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised when I noticed it. The hospital were very good and checked everything and it seems to have been an oddity. I'll know next time I have to have my eyes dilated again as to whether this is a one-off. That's a nuisance for you. Was it the result of an accident?

      I did have fun with all the new things thanks xx

      Delete
  5. It's nice to see anything growing!

    I'm glad that everything turned out okay. Shame that you had to cancel your plans, but it can't be helped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are lots of these green shoots appearing over the garden. It's very exciting! We had frost overnight and all the water has frozen but at least no snow but I hope the shoots aren't affected by the cold.

      Thanks. Everything is fine again. I'm not too worried about cancelling the shopping trip ... I'll probably end up with more clothes by buying online! xx

      Delete
  6. I'm so pleased your eye returned to normal. Online shopping isn't quite the same as wandering around the stores but you did well, hope you are happy with everything you bought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. I'm getting more used to online shopping so am not too disappointed about missing my shopping trip. None of it has arrived yet even though I paid extra for delivery today so fingers crossed that the parcels will actually turn up! xx

      Delete
  7. I know that this is late in the day, but you've just reminded me to order bear's stuff from Matalan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, sorry you had to cancel the shopping trip. I bet it was more than a bit worrying that your eye was still dilated. Glad that has now cleared up too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had that happen before and the NHS advice was to go to the hospital to get it checked out which made it even more worrying. At least it sorted itself out and the tests raised no concerns. I'm not too worried about the shopping trip being cancelled ... I can always drive there if I decide I really want to go. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts