Just A Normal Day

my participation mug from last year's Mad March Mile event
 

I've registered for this year's Mad March Mile event. It's to raise money for a nominated charity and the aim, which I've copied from their Facebook page, is:

"Quite simply, run at least 1 mile each day throughout March in addition to your usual routine.  If you need to substitute the one mile run for another exercise, anything is allowed, as long as it takes you a similar amount of time it would to run a mile (15-20 mins)."

Well I definitely won't be running so will look at doing an extra 20 minutes of exercise every day. I haven't decided exactly what I'll do but at at the moment an extra daily walk is top of the list. As well as raising money for a good cause I'm hoping for the added benefit of reinforcing my wish to embed the habit of daily exercise in my lifestyle ... at the moment it's not something that I find easy and often have to force myself to exercise and, while I look forward to some aspects of it, I'd like to get to the stage where I find it all much more enjoyable.

I was supposed to be seeing Joy yesterday morning but didn't feel well so that's been rearranged for next week instead. I went back to bed and finally felt more human by midday but I didn't do much at all on my second attempt at getting out of bed, just piano and Italian practice, blogging and reading ... nothing too strenuous at all.

I'm feeling fine this morning so will venture into town to put petrol in the car and pick up some bits of shopping. I'm completely out of fresh fruit and want to get some more ingredients to make a couple of batches of soup ... it is definitely soup weather! I have to make some bread today without fail but already have what I need for that and there are a couple of loads of washing to do. So a fairly easy day and in between the various chores I am to finish reading the book group choice for February. 

Comments

  1. I'm glad you are feeling better Eileen. Well done on registering for the Mad March Mile event and I hope you successfully complete it. We had soup yesterday, I picked up a small baguette and a few grocery items while I was in Sainsbury's as the Argos store is inside and we had that with soup and thoroughly enjoyed it. It definitely is soup weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. I've been asleep all afternoon so haven't made my soups yet ... a job for Friday now, but am glad you were able to make yours. I'll know where to come if I get hungry! 😂 xx

      Delete
  2. I am looking at skipping, its easy ands a good all round exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a good idea. I'm not sure that my knee is up to skipping though but I used to love skipping when I was younger. I'm considering hula hoop but again, am not sure that my knee is up to that either. xx

      Delete
  3. I've sponsored a friend who is doing this and skipping. Please could you send me the link to your giving page - I would love to support you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please do Eileen, I would like to sponsor you too xx

      Delete
    2. Part of everyone's entry fee goes to the charity and when I registered I had the option to make an additional donation, which I did. For any other donations they ask you to donate directly to the charity. This year it's the Grand Appeal at Bristol Children's Hospital on behalf of Hattie McConnell. I've included two links, one to the Hattie McConnell fund and the other to the general Grand Appeal fund.

      https://hattiemcconnell.muchloved.com/
      https://www.grandappeal.org.uk/

      Thank you both for your support but I don't plan to have a JustGiving page as the majority of people I know are also doing the challenge so I will leave it to you to donate directly to the charity if you wish to do that. xx

      Delete
  4. Forgot to say - I'm glad you are feeling so much better today. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I've been asleep most of the afternoon so I'm still not quite right but don't really feel ill either ... it's a bit odd! xx

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear that you feel better. Are you enjoying the freshly made bread in your maker? Have you noticed an increase in your bread consumption?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary-Lou. I am enjoying home made bread again but haven't been eating more now I'm making my own. I think it helps that I can't smell it so am not drooling and waiting for it to finish baking! 😂 xx

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well; good that you rested and napped today, too. Hope you feel better, tomorrow. That's wonderful that you are participating in the fund raiser event. I think walking for 20 minutes extra each day would be a wonderful thing to do, both to raise money for the charity and for your own heath benefits. I haven't done well with my daily walks this month, but, hope to do better in February.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I don't feel ill, just very tired, and hopefully I'll be back to normal tomorrow.

      I did the Mad March Mile last year and managed to complete it so I hope I do as well this year. It's for a good cause and I can only benefit from the extra exercise. Hope you can get back to your exercise in February xx

      Delete
  7. I'm glad you're feeling ok. Will you be posting the donation link on your page?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I've added the donation links in the response to Joy (above). xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts