It's Party Day!

catching the end of Escape to the Country while
waiting for The Repair Shop to start
 

It was a bit of a strange day yesterday and I didn't do as much as I'd hoped. I got most of my shopping first thing, started the bread maker off when I got home and then sat down with a mug of coffee for a short break while I watched the news. I don't recall watching any of the news when I woke up some time later, just feeling really groggy. I think I slept for about two hours and assume the tiredness was connected in some way to feeling poorly the previous day but I didn't feel much like doing anything else ... so I didn't! I spent some time watching afternoon TV and then rallied myself to do some piano practice, get myself something to eat and then opted for a soak in the bath followed by bed before seven o'clock. I intended to read for a while but actually went straight to sleep, so my body must have needed it. 

I feel much better today which is just as well as it's party time for the U3A book group ladies. We're celebrating J's birthday with a meal at this place; the table is booked for 12:30, I'm not sure whether we are eating from the set lunch menu or the à la carte menu, but it all looks good. The others have been before and all had positive things to say about the food and service so I think we'll enjoy ourselves. 

I'm picking E up on the way and will drop her back at her home later but I won't try to fit anything else in even if there is time. I still need a couple of ingredients I didn't pick up yesterday but they can wait and I'll go straight home after dropping E off. I don't think there's much on the TV tonight so will look for a film on Prime ... I may as well make the most of it as I am cancelling my subscription at the end of the month. 

Comments

  1. Sounds like you really needed the rest, Eileen. Hope you are feeling much better now and I hope you'll have a lovely afternoon and enjoy lunching out with the book group ladies. :) Enjoy the quiet evening you have planned and rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The meal was lovely and we all had a good time, thanks. I had to have another nap when I got home but that's more to do with eating a big meal at midday. I'll have another early night and that will hopefully sort me out! xx

      Delete
  2. I'm sure that sleep was your body's way of continuing the healing process, Eileen. Wth that early bedtime too, as you say, you must have needed it.
    Have a lovely party today!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The party was great and we all had a good time. I'll have another early night tonight and will hopefully be back to normal tomorrow. xx

      Delete
  3. I did the same yesterday, slept from 4.30 until 6.10. I think I was catching up on all the lost sleep over the past two weeks.
    Enjoy your party day with the U3A ladies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Party Day was a success and I had a lovely time thanks. Hope you're feeling better after catching up with your sleep xx

      Delete
  4. You must have needed to rest and I'm glad you are feeling better. Enjoy the party today, it sounds fun. I watch the Apprentice on Thursday evening TV and look forward to that and trying to guess who Lord Sugar fires :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The party was great and we all enjoyed ourselves. I watched a few of the Apprentice programmes in the early days but didn't get into it and haven't bothered with it since. It's nice to have something to look forward to that you really enjoy, isn't it? xx

      Delete
  5. It sounds as though you really needed the rest. Obviously it paid off if you're feeling better today. Hope you enjoyed the meal out. Looks like an interesting place. How was the food?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The meal was lovely thanks. We all enjoyed it. It was a very good menu with plenty of choice, all Italian of course, but good variety of dishes. We'll go there again xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts