|waiting in the café for my piano lesson to start|
Reasons to be cheerful ...
- phoning, texting and emailing with family and friends
- making good progress with my fitness levels ... adding two new exercises in this week's personal training session
- enjoying my piano lesson and attempting a simple duet as a sight reading exercise!
- adding to my camera fund ... a healthy three figure sum from Vintage Cash Cow for a mix of items that individually had very little value and that weren't worth selling online once fees were deducted
- receiving my new glass storage jars for the kitchen
- celebrating J's birthday with the U3A book group ladies
- adding more dates to the diary
- moving closer to making a decision about this year's holidays
- signing up for this year's Mad March Mile challenge
I am grateful ...
- that the temperatures are creeping up bit by bit and the days are lengthening
- for a local facility for free disposal of items for recycling
- for a reliable car that is cheap to run
A bit confused but nothing new there :) Is the cafe inside and does your lesson take place in a store that sells pianos? I'm glad you received a healthy sum towards your new camera fund. It's great that the days are getting longer now and it will soon be Spring.ReplyDelete
It's a huge music shop selling all instruments and all the accessories that you'd need for those instruments, but is particularly well known as a piano specialist - they sell all over the country. The café is inside the store and it's where most people wait for their lessons to start, as well as parents keeping younger children amused with colouring, crafts etc. I've seen a couple of older children do their homework while they wait for a sibling to finish. It's a very family friendly place and it's quite a chatty area to wait. The young woman who works in the cafe has downs syndrome and she is very friendly and welcoming.Delete
The practice/teaching rooms can't be seen in the photo. They are off to one side, down corridors and upstairs. The ones I've been in all have two pianos in the rooms but I've seen others are set up with drum kits. The owner keeps the lesson price as low as possible, definitely the cheapest in the area, and his aim is to make music affordable for all. It's a great place.
I may have to use the camera money for a new phone but I'll get my new camera one day! Spring is on its way, it won't be too long xx
Brilliant reflections . . . it sounds like it's been a great week. xxReplyDelete
Thanks Joy. It has been a good week ... I'm lucky in that this seems to be the pattern of my life at present! xxDelete
Glad you've had a good week. You are well on the way to a new camera. The last few days I have noticed the time I need to put the light on has increased quite a bit, roll on spring and lighter and warmer weather. Helen S.ReplyDelete
Thanks Helen. Sadly my phone is giving up on me so the camera money may have to go towards a new phone! Spring is definitely on its way ... just get through February and then it's just around the corner xxDelete
Sounds like you had another lovely week, Eileen. I'm so happy for you! Things are opening up, you are finding more opportunities for social activities, and meeting the challenges in a positive manner. I'm glad your camera fund is growing, even if it might be used for a new phone; the important thing is the availability of funds for whatever item is needed. :) I really like the sound of that music place! How nice to have a cafe in the building where people can relax while waiting for their music lesson to start or for someone to finish their lesson. :)ReplyDelete
I have had a good week thanks Bless and life is definitely opening up for me. The music shop has a wonderful atmosphere. Last week one of the parents was playing one of the pianos in the showroom and people in the cafe applauded him ... one of those 'you had to be there' moments ... it was great. xxDelete
Sounds like it's been a really good week! Hope next week it as good!ReplyDelete
Thanks Sharon. It was a good week and this week is shaping up to be even better, mainly because I don't feel as tired as I did last week. xxDelete