A Day for Catching Up

on the way home from the hospital
it's not often I'm out after dark these days!
 

I had good news from the hospital. There has been no change to the growth in my left eye so they will continue to monitor me and from now on they will see me once a year and my optician will also see me once a year, with the appointments arranged so that I'm seen by one or the other every six months.

I didn't plan things too well yesterday and hadn't considered that I wouldn't be able to see well enough after my appointment, and I didn't get round to commenting on your blogs. So I'm playing catch up and will be round to visit you all later today. First I have to catch up with my piano practice as I didn't make time for it yesterday so need to do a double session today.

Friend L will be here to collect me at midday. We're treating ourselves to lunch at the Farmhouse Inn where the food is always good but chosen mainly because it has a decent carpark and L is still having problems walking after her fall back in December. I haven't seen her since before Christmas so we will have plenty of catching up to do and we always seem to laugh a lot when we are together. 

It should be a good day!

Comments

  1. That's such good news about your eye and six monthly checks will be reassuring for you. Enjoy your meal out in good company today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. It was a good outcome and the six monthly checks will definitely put my mind at ease. We had a lovely meal and a good laugh together. xx

      Delete
  2. That's very good news and your plans for today sound great! Enjoy!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I'm in the system properly now and am reassured that the six monthly checks will pick up any changes to the growth in plenty of time for remedial action, should that ever be necessary. The meal was lovely! xx

      Delete
  3. I like that photo of the street at night!
    Good news about the eye and having the check ups spaced every six months will be good, too. Sounds like you've made some fun plans for the day, with lunch out with your friend! Have a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. It's a good outcome from the hospital appointment and has set my mind at rest.

      We did have a lovely time thanks. The food was excellent and we've had a good laugh together. xx

      Delete
  4. Indeed good news about your eye. I don't like night driving. I hope you & L have a good long catch up with some delicious food enjoyed. Laughter is good medicine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary-Lou. I try to avoid night driving now but will do it if I really have to. Yes we did have a good catch up ... a three hour lunch, food was excellent and lots of laughter xx

      Delete
  5. So glad you had good news yesterday. It is also good that you will be having check ups often. Enjoy your lunch out. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen. The regular check ups will be reassuring and will pick up any changes in good time, should that ever happen. Lunch with L was great, we both enjoyed ourselves xx

      Delete
  6. So glad you got good news on your eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts