Friday

My car is sorted, all for only £20! Because the diagnostic machine had highlighted a problem with the tyre they took it to the tyre centre they always use, but when their friend looked at it he couldn't find anything wrong with the sensor. He eventually found a nail in the tyre so extracted it and repaired the hole and ... sorted the problem. Even though we'd all checked, none of us had spotted the nail, which was almost invisible and buried right down in the tread. The stop light and annoying beep are no more and all is well again. £20 is a bargain price considering they collected the car from here, spent time investigating, took it to and from the tyre centre, and then brought it back here. We had a chat about whether it's time to change cars and they've recommended a couple of places to go to and have a look. If I see something I like, they will check it over for me. There's no hurry, given the current situation, so I can take my time deciding what to do.

Yesterday's post brought the documents to sign for the Wayleave payment I'm entitled to. I will get the cheque (£150) in the next few weeks, so that will go towards the costs of the new pots. I'd already ordered some more plants yesterday before the post arrived but, now I have the car back and some extra pennies, I can get to the nearest garden centre to look at their selection of bulbs, pots and perennials. That's probably a Monday job though.

The radiator shelf arrived but it needs to be adjusted which involves 'just' bending the metal brackets and that's beyond me. I tried and failed, so I will wait on my nephew to sort it out. It needs to be someone who can come into my home as he'll need to fit it on the radiator to work out the angle of adjustment.

I want to get out for a drive round today. It's rather dull and we're promised more rain but I'll take my camera with me ... just in case!

Comments

  1. How wonderful to find out that the problem with the car was a nail in the tire and it was taken care of and you don't have to pay a huge bill! Plus, on top of it, your friends will help you pick a new car when the time comes.

    Lovely to have a check coming to you - not quite sure what 'Wayleave' refers to, but, it sounds like you'll have some extra money to spend on the garden. :)

    I hope the radiator shelf is something your nephew can attend to for you.

    Enjoy your drive and hope you find lots of things to photograph. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very happy about the car!

      The Wayleave payment is because there is an underground electricity supply cable crossing the corner of my front garden. The payment is compensation for an agreement for the company to have the right of use for that cable to be there. Every agreement is different depending on what is on the property and whether it is underground or overground. It's not usually a lot of money - this payment is for 15 years, some of it arrears from 2013 onwards.

      I'm sure my nephew will be able to sort out the shelf. I just don't have enough strength to adjust the bracket but he will be able to do it without pausing for breath!

      It's pouring down now so not photographic weather but I'll still go out for a drive round.

      Delete
  2. Well not many car repair bills are as little as that! Sounds like you are quids in with your wayleave payment. Enjoy your drive around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My luck seems to be in. Maybe I should do the lottery this week!

      Delete
  3. Fantastic news about the car. These things can be very costly so you must have been so relieved. It's chucking it here at the moment and it is lovely to feel cool!
    That's a really nice chunk of money back again too. What a good day!
    (we'll ignore the shelf thing) :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very relieved! A huge repair bill would have impacted on buying plants but now I'm even better off with the other payment, so am in the fortunate position of being able to buy exactly what I want 😊

      I've sent a pathetic text asking for help with the shelf!

      Delete
  4. Yeah to car minded friends. Thankfully the car's sensor told the truth (col) to ensure continued safe travels. Nothing like surprise money coming in especially for the garden improvements. Happy weekend, hope you get some weather clearing for maybe a stroll out somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The car's sensor may have been doing its job but I think it's days are numbered. I will be looking in to what car I'd want if I do decide to get a different car.

      I did go out for a walk but timed it wrong and ended up drenched. Never mind, at least I got some fresh air!

      Delete
  5. Hi Eileen,
    I hope you are having a better time and that the weather today is milder.
    The course of mindfulness must be very interesting!
    I'd love to do that.
    I hope you enjoy your Saturday well and rest a lot.
    Hugs,
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling much better thanks. It's rained on and off all day so I've stayed at home and rested.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the cheap car fix! Great news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fantastic news. I was imaging a huge bill!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts