Saturday

My auntie passed peacefully at 3 am yesterday morning, surrounded by her daughters and grandchildren.

I ventured out to post sympathy cards to my cousins and, as the postbox is over halfway to the canal,  intended to carry on for a walk but it wasn't as warm as I was expecting so I shelved that idea for another day and hurried home to my snuggle blanket!

I cooked up the apples my sister gave me and have frozen individual portions of apple sauce to have with pork, and spiced apple and sultanas to have on top of porridge or maybe on pancakes. 

Today, yet again, I have nothing arranged. I'm enjoying the relaxed way of living but am not as productive as I need/want to be, so after my staycation I think I'll look at making some changes. I'll be meeting L on Monday for coffee at the garden centre (and probably some retail therapy) and will meet up with J later in the week for a meal. I feel much less anxious about this than I thought I would, so it may be that some of the changes I make after the staycation will involve more face to face social meets with individuals or in small groups. It feels that it's time to test the water, so to speak.

So anyway, today I feel a bit down and weepy. I know the reason and it's understandable but this is one of those times when it's not easy living on my own. I'm sure to find something to do ... I just don't know what!

Comments

  1. Much love and sympathy to you all at this sad time. It's right to feel sad and down, it shows how you valued your auntie, but I hope your memories bring you comfort today as well.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your Aunt.Hope you can find interesting things to do today, while avoiding the weather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and wishing you all the best at this sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss, take care of yourself and focus on the happy memories. Enjoy your trip out on Monday, something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your auntie but glad her family are with her. I’m glad you are feeling ready to step out a bit. Everyone has to take things at their own pace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My deepest sympathies on the loss of your aunt. It is very natural to grieve, so, take it easy and be gentle with yourself. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m so sorry to hear about your aunt, Eileen.
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear your news. Hope you continue to feel able to go out and meet people. It's odd, but it gets a little easier to manage each time you do it. I found the fear of getting back out there was worse than the reality once you work out your own comfort levels. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sorry about your aunt. It seems especially hard in these days when families can't comfort one another in the same ways.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts