5 in 5 | Walking to the Canal

I'm joining in with Sandie's 5 in 5 monthly link up. 

This is how the monthly challenge works:

1. Choose a location
2. Have your camera ready
3. Set a mobile timer for 5 minutes
4. Take as many photos as you can until the time is up
5. Choose 5 of those photos to share via the link on Sandie's blog on the 5th of the month

I'm continuing from last month's 5 in 5 when I showed you the local marina but this time I am showing the walk from my home to the canal, which takes just over five minutes.

The first photo is taken right outside my front door, so I start with a very short walk along the road to the junction beyond the two parked cars. 



At the junction I turn right and head towards The Slipway, which is the road off to the left by the first lamp post.



Once I turn into The Slipway I head towards the house you can see peeping between the trees on the left of the photo ...



... where there is a pathway through to the canal. The pathways leading to the marina are either side of the house I stood in front of to take this photo.



So a few paces along the pathway and I have arrived at the canal. The building houses the Marina Office, Boat Hire and Chandlery, and the boatyard (not photographed) is just to the right.


If I follow the towpath to the left I will be heading towards Semington locks and eventually up to the Caen Hill flight of locks. If I go to the right I will be heading towards Trowbridge and on to Bradford on Avon and eventually to Bath. The canal obviously goes much farther in each direction but the places I've mentioned are the extent of my own walking over the years.

Many thanks to Sandie for organising the monthly link up.

Comments

  1. That looks like a really pleasant walk.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is ... five minutes and I'm away from the roads and on the towpath. xx

      Delete
  2. How lovely to have such a pleasant walk on your doorstep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed going on the walk with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your walk to the towpath and canal. Like you, in five minutes of walking, I reach a place of natural beauty too, in my case the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how wonderful. I love the sea and miss living close to it - once as a child for a couple of years and then again when I did my teacher training.

      Delete
  5. Your walk looks peaceful, Bath is a place I'm yet to visit x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bath is a beautiful city, well worth a visit.

      This part of the towpath is surprisingly busy with dog walkers, cyclists, and runners.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts