Staycation Day 1

It's the first day of my staycation and the forecast promises a sunny day, which is a bit suspicious for a British Bank Holiday but I'm hopeful that it at least stays dry this afternoon!

I'm not going out until this afternoon so I'll make time this morning to fit in an Italian lesson, knee strengthening exercises, and some piano practice. I'll be doing a lot of walking this afternoon so that will count as my daily exercise.

If it is a fine day the local touristy sort of places are likely to be busier than I'll be comfortable with, so Lacock (my original choice, as I hadn't realised it was the August Bank Holiday when I planned this) is best avoided today. Instead I'll go out with my camera and head for the river in Bradford on Avon to try to get some decent photos of the heron and kingfisher that can usually be seen by the bridge and afterwards will make a start on the Town Trail - I'd actually like to do it all in one go but it depends on how well my knee holds out.

This evening I think it's choir practice and then I'll be watching 'Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again' which is premiering on ITV. I missed it when it was in the cinemas.

Comments

  1. Sounds like you've made some fun plans for the first day of your staycation! Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a good time, just not what I'd planned!

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to the photos! Mama Mia Here We Go Again is a great feel good film. I might well watch it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't take any photos today - change of plan! I'm looking forward to the film.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a nice start to your staycation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I am retired every day is a holiday in a way, but I am making the effort to go out every day during my staycation.

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you have a perfect Bank Holiday with hopefully continued good weather & some fun things to do & see. Come on knee, stay with "me" ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very chilly today, so I hope it's going to warm up during the week. No, sadly my knee didn't want to play nicely today!

      Delete
  5. Oooh! Good luck with the kingfisher - I do hope he poses for you and very much hope to see photos here in a day or too. Enjoy your day/week! It might not be warm, but it does at least promise to be dry (fingers crossed)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get there so no photos yet, but I will try on another day. Yes, it was dry but a bit too cold for comfort - time to get the woolies out, I think!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts