Thursday


We'll start with the bad news. Well it's more disappointing than bad - the company has confirmed that the fruit trees, nut bush and blueberries will be an October - December delivery. This means that planting up the centre flower bed moves to the front of the line and the happy news is that I ordered some of the plants yesterday - quite a lot of what I want won't be available until the spring but we can at least make a start. The plants will be here within the next two weeks, hopefully. I can also go to a garden centre to see if they have any of the perennials that are on my list, ready for next Tuesday. I'm deliberately avoiding telling you the plant names and will do a garden update post when they are planted!

There is happy news on the car as well. It seems the problem is to do with a sensor on one of the tyres so they are getting that sorted for me and I will, hopefully, get the car back today. They have other work booked in so it depends on how long that takes, but I'm happy to wait.

The other bit of happy news is that I'll be seeing Joy and R today. It's only a flying visit and we won't really have time for a chat but it'll be lovely to see them and is very much the highlight of my day!

I'm expecting delivery of the radiator shelf this afternoon, which I hope to be able to assemble myself. I'll be fine as long as it has pre-drilled holes but if it doesn't I'm hoping my neighbour will help out. If it all works out I can get that little area of the room finished and ticked off the list. As I have to stay in today I'll continue checking my 'When I've Gone' folder and make sure that's all up to date, and I must remember to phone the surgery to make an appointment for the flu jab, and to request a telephone consultation with my doctor. 

Once the 'When I've Gone' folder is done I will only have three things left on the huge to-do list I started a few years ago. The garden is one of those but the work has started so it could be ticked off really. 

The decluttering needs to be finished off. It's currently on hold because of my anxiety about going to the post office to post any items I manage to sell, but I am starting to feel more relaxed about the idea. The sub post office in the next village tends to be quite quiet at times so I should be able to time my visits carefully to get items posted out to the buyers. It'll be so good to finally get this ticked off the list so I will start advertising some more things and see how it goes.

The final thing is to clear out the garage, so a slightly different decluttering task as the weight of some of the items means that I'd be asking buyers to collect and I don't feel ready to do that yet. It stays on the list for now.

The photos were taken last night using my phone. I liked the light in the clouds!

Comments

  1. The photos are very dramatic. I like them too.
    A disappointment about the fruit trees and bushes but I suppose that's the best time to send them - best for the plant, I mean.
    Good news about the car - I'm glad it's easily sorted.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am disappointed about the later delivery date but, as you say, it's the best time to be planting them. It's a shame their website states the 3-5 day timescale and raises expectations!

      I'm debating whether to change the car and get one more suited to my needs now I've retired. I'll decide when I get it back.

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos of the sky. Lots of good news but disappointing about the fruit/nut trees. I also need to get to the post office but have been hesitant because it is such a small building & it has been waiting lines outside. I hope you enjoy your visitors today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've been and gone, a flying visit, but it was lovely to see them.

      The sub post office should be pretty much people free in the afternoon and there is easy parking outside, so I'm hoping it works out.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos of the sunset skies!

    Sorry about the delay with the fruit trees, but, it's probably the best time for them to be planted. Hope you are able to get all the plants you want for the center area. Looking forward to seeing what you picked. :)

    Glad to hear that the car doesn't require a major repair. Hope you get it back sooner, rather than later.

    How wonderful to have only three things left on your big to do list! What will you do when it is all done and taken care of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've stopped sulking about the fruit trees etc. I know they'll be here when it's the best time to plant them. I'm hoping the other planting will be completed in three weeks time so I can tell you my choices then. It won't be complete because some plants aren't available until spring.

      The car is safely home now. I'll mentioned it in tomorrow's post so I won't go into detail now.

      I honestly don't know what I will do with myself when I complete the final three things. That's all tied up with deciding what I want to do as I mentioned in my comment on your post.

      Delete
  4. It's wonderful that you're able to be flexible with your garden planning :) We have a 'When I've Gone' folder here, too, but I'm never sure it has in it what we really need to have in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep my will, financial docs, house docs and certification that will be needed to sell the house, registration and certification for the car, details of utility providers and all subscriptions/memberships that will need to be cancelled, other legal docs, birth certificate, details of doctor, people to be notified, and a copy of my prepaid funeral.

      I also keep a sealed updated copy of passwords for online accounts like Facebook so they can be accessed easily and closed down.

      Every now and then I think of something else, and I try to check it regularly to keep it up to date.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I'll use your list to check ours :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts