Me On Monday

Me on Monday is looking forward to the week ahead. I have lots to fit in this week ...

... cooking for the freezer following the supermarket delivery yesterday. I'm not trying any new recipes this time, I just want to top up the portions of curry, chilli, bolognese sauce, and savoury mince. I'll also prepare a couple of dump bags as well - I've never used these before but am keen to try and see if they work for me. I also need to cook up some more mini meals to eat when I am recovering from a migraine.

... practicing the piano and tenor horn. I'm trying to arrange my days so that I have time to play both instruments every day.

... organising appointments with the doctor, optician and solicitor, and attempting to get times slots for the recycling yard and a charity shop collection.

... cleaning the downstairs today, upstairs tomorrow and bathrooms on Wednesday. I did all the laundry over the weekend so have the last of the ironing to finish off as well.

... washing the car, although getting this done depends on the weather. The forecast is for rain most days, so this may have to wait.

... sorting out some photos of Ced for Miss C. She's upset that she can't really remember what he looked like (she was only four when he died). I have some photos of the two of them together so I'll let her have copies of them.

... hoping some of the plants arrive before Danielle turns up tomorrow. I'm going to The Nursery in Hilperton tomorrow morning to check out the bulbs and hopefully pick up a few more plants so there will definitely be something for her to do.

... looking out some things to put on the radiator shelf. It took my nephew less than five minutes to sort the shelf out yesterday so it's in place and I can put things on it now ... that's another thing ticked off the list!

... ordering some material and elastic to make myself some face masks. I bought one but it doesn't fit as well as it I'd like so I'll experiment with a few of the different designs I found when watching Facebook videos.

... dodging the rain to get out for some fresh air every day and hopefully take some photos.

... booking tickets for a jolly, probably either to a museum or to Salisbury Cathedral. I think it needs to be somewhere indoors this time.

... shopping online for photo frames. I'm not entirely sure what I want so need to see what's available. I keep starting this and then giving up, so this time I will definitely make a decision and place an order!

I can feel it's going to be a good week. I hope it is for all of you too.

Comments

  1. Sounds like you are planning to have a busy and productive week! The "dump bags" sound interesting! Have everything prepped and ready to go! Glad your nephew was able to install the radiator shelf for you. Now comes the fun of setting up a display! :) Hope you have a lovely week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to get a lot done this week because I am planning for a three week staycation, so I want to be on top of the housework before that happens.

      I'm keen to try out the dump bags. It'll make things easier throughout the month if I like it.

      My nephew made it look very easy. The metal brackets had to be bent to match the gap between the back of the radiator and the wall. I couldn't work out which way they had to be bent, not could I bend the metal. He just walk in, looked down the back of the radiator, bent both brackets and put the shelf in place ... it took him no time at all, just minutes and it was done!

      Delete
  2. It sounds a lovely week with plenty of good things to do, see, make, etc. Have a fab day. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting ahead of myself, or trying to, so I can have a staycation. That's the plan anyway. Hope you have a great day too xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks for mentioning the dump bags. I'd never heard of them before but I think they would be a help on my bad days. They also take up less room in the freezer. Happy week Eileen 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are plenty of recipes and tips online for the dump bags. It seems like a good way of preparing ahead ready for the bad days.

      I hope you have a good week Lynn. Let me know how you get on if you do try the dump bags, please. xx

      Delete
  4. It looks like you have the week sorted & ready to roll. I would not want to count on my sewing skills for my masks (col). I've not heard of food dump bags, that sounds interesting & risk taking (col). Hopefully you will be successful with the bulb shopping today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I get it all done, I will be a happy bunny! The dump bags look interesting but I really don't like the name at all ... it sounds rather unsavoury!

      Bulb shopping is tomorrow but I've made a list of what I want.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a productive week.

    I also need to wash my car. The lazy part of me was hoping rain would do that for me. Hehee

    Have a great week, Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to getting it all done ☺️

      Car washing is my least favourite activity! I hoped the rain would do enough but sadly not so I will have to deal with it myself.

      I hope you have a good week too, Nil xx

      Delete
  6. This sounds such a productive week. I need to start being more organsied x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite a lot but I want to have a three week staycation so need to clear a few things before that can happen.

      Delete
  7. You are so well-organized! It sounds like you have things lined up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like a lot written out like that, but I've nearly completed it all now. I'm in a 'get it done' sort of mood!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts