Wednesday

I'm happy to report that I am over the migraine and nosebleeds, and am feeling much better. I'll continue to take it easy for another day or two as I know from past experience just how easy it is to overdo it and trigger another bout.

The obelisk company emailed me yesterday to apologise and advise that a replacement obelisk will be sent out straight away, so I should receive it by the end of this week or the beginning of next. They've asked me to dispose of the bent one for them, rather than go to the expense of sending it back.

I placed another order for plants yesterday, some for immediate delivery, some to be despatched in September/October, and the rest for February/March next year. Once they are all received and planted I think it'll be a case of sitting back and seeing what it looks like. Some won't flower in their first year but I should still be able to get a good idea of whether changes and/or additions are needed.

It's supposed to a sunny day today so I'm hoping to get out of the house, maybe for a drive but more likely just for a walk ... anywhere is fine by me as it gives me a change of scene. Then this afternoon and early evening is set aside for phone calls with family and friends, and dotted through the day will be reading, language lessons, and piano playing ... I'm looking forward to it!

Comments

  1. Glad you are on the mend. Yes the sun is shining so fingers crossed you can get a nice walk in,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie. It's a relief to have a break from the rain isn't it?

      Delete
  2. I get excited thinking about your garden. I really think you will get great satisfaction from it over the coming years.
    So glad you are feeling more like it again.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited about it too. It dawned on me last night that it's going to take a couple of years of growth to start to see what I've been imagining so I will have to learn to be patient! xx

      Delete
  3. A short stroll sounds perfect for a bit of fresh air & change of scene, as does the rest of your day. Let's keep our fingers crossed that the soon to arrive obelisk is perfect upon delivery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've waited in all morning for a delivery which turned out to be the obelisk. It's arrived safe and sound and thankfully is the correct shape.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you're through the migraine episode, and I'm happy the replacement obelisk was an easy fix. I hope your outing goes well :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Today hasn't worked out as planned so no outing, but the replacement obelisk is here already.

      Delete
  5. I, too, am glad to read that you are feeling much better, but, yes, please do take it easy for another day or two. Wonderful to hear that the replacement obelisk arrived safe and sound! Gardens are constantly evolving, aren't they? Perhaps you can plant some annuals until the other plants grow and become the garden you are envisioning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's probably what I will have to do although I've found some more perennials I'd like. At this rate I'm going to have more plants than I have room for!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts