One of Those Days!

Yesterday was one of those days!

Things went wrong very early on with potentially expensive car problems, which I still haven't managed to sort out yet. The 'stop' warning light came on as I started to move off the drive, so I can't drive anywhere now until I get it sorted. I tried to book it in at the usual garage but they have staff shortages so it could be weeks before they can fit me in. They're phoning back today with a date so if it's not acceptable, I'll have to find somewhere else.

I did a couple of loads of washing but that turned out to be a bit of a disaster as well! Black sock in with the whites resulted in most of it turning different shades of grey. I rewashed it with whitener added, so some of it has been saved but most of the undies, and especially the bras, will have to be replaced. It's not quite as bad as it seems as I've nearly lost enough weight to drop down to the next size so I'll wait to lose the last little bit before replacing them.

The knock on effect of the car problems is that I'll have to put some things on hold. I'd arranged to meet M and R for a socially distanced chat in their garden so have had to postpone - they don't drive so can't come here instead - and other plans for local trips will have to wait until I am mobile again. I'm more frustrated than disappointed, but until I get the car sorted there's not a lot I can do!

Then to cap it all, I have been switched over to the new Blogger format so what should be an easy blog post isn't! Not will it let me add any photos to this post! 

Today looks much more promising though. A couple of days ago I was mumbling that my sister hadn't passed on any books for ages and that I was running out of things to read.  My sister doesn't read this blog and I hadn't said anything to her, but this morning she texted to ask if I wanted any books so the bookcase will soon be refilled ... which has cheered me up.

I don't have any firm plans for today except to get the car booked in somewhere. Anything else I achieve will be a bonus!

Comments

  1. Oh dear, car problems always turn out to be expensive.
    Hope your day gets better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm worried about. I'm still waiting to hear from the garage so don't know the cost yet!

      Delete
  2. Oh, no! I'm sorry you are having car trouble! Hope you will get an appointment quickly and whatever is wrong with the car, it is something easily fixed (and won't be too expensive!). Sorry your plans for the week have to be changed, as a result of the car situation, too. And sorry about the grey tinted laundry!

    Glad to hear that today is better and yay for new books coming your way! Maybe your sister picked up on your thought vibes, being twins and all. One of my cousins has daughters who are twins and, although they live a continent apart (one in California, one in New York), they seem to know when something is going on with the other!

    I was switched over to the new Blogger, last week, but, so far, it has been OK. I download the photos from the computer, and, so far, that has worked well.

    Hope you have as nice a day as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's probably a twin thing. We tend to have many more coincidences like that than other people do.

      I'll give the garage a couple more hours to get back to me and then try somewhere else. I assume the car will need to be towed or a recovery vehicle used so I have to find a garage prepared to do that.

      Delete
  3. I have gone back to the original Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea but I'm sticking with the new one for now as I suppose I will have to use this version eventually. I'm not enjoying it though!

      Delete
  4. I can sympathize with the car problems, as we've just had to replace our 30-year-old car. I hope yours is settled soon.

    As the old blogger is available as an option I've moved back to it. My blogging habits and the new format weren't a good match. New books to read -Hoorah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is only 3.5 years old so I am hoping it's nothing major ... or too costly!

      Yes, I'm pleased about the books. I've got used to a regular supply from her so I was wondering what had gone wrong. She had no excuses! 😂

      I'm persevering with the new Blogger for now. I'll see how it goes.

      Delete
    2. We replaced my 30-year-old car with a 3-year-old car lol, so we're hoping it'll last as long as the old one did ;)

      Delete
    3. I hope mine lasts that long as well 😊

      Delete
  5. Oh no , sorry to hear about your car problems it's so disheartening when the warning light appears , hope its sorted soon and not an expensive garage trip x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to get it done next week. I'm resigned to the fact that it's bound to be expensive but I need my own transport so it has to be done!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts