Garden Update No 6


Danielle will be here today to clear the gravel and start preparing the ground where the mini orchard is going. This is an extra visit as she normally comes once a fortnight, but I should see a huge chunk of the preparation work for the September planting date done in today's two hour session. 

I think the climbing rose heard us discussing when to cut it back as it's covered in buds again, so it's got a reprieve ... for now. There's no hurry to get this done anyway, so it may be put back to next spring.

I need to decide on the bulbs and also when to focus on sorting out all the pots but I think they are discussions that can wait until the planting is completed in September. For now, I'm just excited that work is starting on the first stage.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I didn't think I'd be too excited about the prep stage, but I am ... stupidly excited! I think I'm spending too much time alone 😂

      Delete
  2. How exciting! Things are starting to happen in your garden! Too funny about the rose vine being covered with buds after overhearing your pruning plans for it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't notice it yesterday but the other climber is also making an effort and has some more buds.

      Delete
  3. There's nothing as much fun as seeing our plans put into action. You have a treasure found in Danielle. I am sure that rose heard you discussing it's fate & put a plan in action to have you re-think that plan (col). It's definitely been a funny growing year both sides of the pond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The euonymus doesn't know what's happening. It's already displayed the autumn colours and shed all the leaves and has now had a change of mind and is bursting with new growth. Poor thing is very confused!

      Danielle is amazing and I'm so lucky to have found her.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts