Weekly Reflections

Reasons to be cheerful ...
  • agreeing a date for the first stage of planting in the back garden
  • laughing out loud at repeats of Would I Lie To You?
  • phone calls with friends
  • my sister asking if I want some more books 😁
  • homemade pineapple sorbet!
  • walks along the canal towpath
  • hearing that a friend has found a buyer for her house so the move back to Trowbridge is getting closer
  • knowing that I am ready for the next stage of my life even though it can't be the travel experience I'd been planning for. I have other dreams and the pandemic doesn't stop me realising them 
  • rainbows
  • a visit from my nephew and family so Miss C could show me the stationery I bought for her transfer to senior school, and ...
  • ... my nephew could hang all the pictures in the living room which didn't get done before lockdown

I am grateful ...
  • for friends who are generous with their time
  • for the life I have
  • for the glorious sunrises and sunsets which mark the beginning and end of each day

🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼


Lifestyle Changes

It's been a good week despite the car problems. I've been doing a lot of thinking and have reached a decision on what I want to do next, now that I have finished with band and teaching. I have some ideas, which I won't bore you with yet, so I need to do some research and see which idea is the one (or two) to take forward. 
  • Weight: I stayed the same but think I know why. One of the things I'm trying to do is reduce the amount of sugar in my diet. I was getting on well and joined a Facebook group that offered support on that very issue but it proved to be a mistake for me. I was doing fine on my own and wasn't missing the sugar but after joining the group, every time I looked at Facebook there were constant reminders about it and within a few days I was craving the stuff and started making sweet snacks. So, I have left the group and will go it alone. Next week should be better!
  • Knee Strengthening (every day): ACHIEVED
  • Exercise (2 days x 15 mins, 1 rest day): ACHIEVED

Comments

  1. Would I lie to you is just about my all time favourite. Nothing makes me laugh as much and it can be very, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Lee Mack is my favourite, he's very clever. Even though they're all repeats I know I'm still guaranteed to have a good laugh every time I watch them.

      Delete
    2. Same here. I don't know that I would like him very much in Real Life - he is so sharp and perceptive and his words can bite and tear but he is the funniest man on TV at the moment (I think) and he makes me laugh my socks off.
      xx

      Delete
    3. Yes, I can see what you mean. Bob Mortimer is another one I like - full of strange tales, all of which seem unbelievable but end up being true!

      Delete
  2. I adore would I lie to you it really makes me chuckle. We have to focus on the positive inside at the moment. I have recently tried to go keto and reduce the sugar but on the hot days it really takes its toll and makes me dizzy please dont make your self ill with the dieting. So pleased to hear about all the great things happening onwards and upwards hun x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, I won't make myself ill. I'm losing weight through calorie counting, all discussed with and monitored by the surgery. I want to reduce the amount of sugar in my diet because I've link the diverticulitis flare ups to sugar binges so there are real benefits for me to do this. I'm not attempting keto because of the impact it can have on blood pressure and I don't want to have to go to the surgery to have it constantly monitored.

      I know that calorie counting works for me and I'm not being extreme about it, just aiming to lose 1 lb a week.

      Delete
    2. Thays good that you know your body and what works for you you keep at it x

      Delete
  3. I like your reasons for being cheerful and grateful. I also like the progress on the lifestyle changes - figuring out the next step and realizing that, for you, the weight loss journey is best made on your own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I feel like I've made a huge leap forward over the last week in terms of what I'd like to do and achieve in this next stage of life now I'm fully retired and have no commitments.

      Delete
  4. Hi Eileen,
    A very positive balance of your moments.
    It is wonderful that it happens because you feel more fulfilled. Thanking is always very important.
    Do you remember the sculpture that asked me what it meant? Today I was at the place and I only saw the author's name engraved: the Mozambican painter and sculptor Lívio de Morais and the work is from 2014.
    I leave a link for you admire some more of his works.
    Hugs and good week.
    Ailime
    https://www.google.com/search?q=obras+de+Livio+de+mOrais&rlz=1C1PQHB_enPT858PT858&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiU9YP74I7rAhXaAWMBHUW_CZMQ_AUoAXoECAsQAw&biw=1400&bih=949

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ailime, thank you so much for taking the trouble to find this for me. I've looked at all the images and will read about the artist tomorrow - I need to read them on my laptop so they translate automatically.

      Hope you have a good week too xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts