Me On Monday

Me on Monday is feeling refreshed after a quiet weekend and looking forward to a busy week.

My quiet weekend involved a lot of screen time. I watched Disney's Cruise Line version of Tangled: The Musical, and followed that with ZooNation's The Mad Hatter's Tea Party - both were free on YouTube and both were enjoyed. I started watching an old Canadian detective series on BBC iPlayer called Cardinal. It was first shown on Canadian TV in 2017 and has been on BBC4 but I don't remember watching it before. J recommended it and so far I've enjoyed the episodes I've watched. Somewhere in there I fitted in a couple of films as well -  War Horse and The Thirty Nine Steps. I have square eyes today!

I'm looking forward to a few adventures this week. They'll all be solo trips but I want to make the most of the good weather and get out of the house. I'm aiming to go first thing before the days warms up too much and hopefully before too many people are out and about. I haven't booked any tickets this time, so have picked a few places of interest from my local history list.

I'm also planning the remainder of shrubs for the rest of the garden so that all the bigger plants can be sorted out this year. I want to finish this off today as Danielle will be here tomorrow and we will decide when to have the plants delivered. There's a bit of a cloud hanging over things as she lives in Swindon which is apparently very close to a local lockdown and I don't know whether that will affect her being able to continue working. I'm out of touch with what's allowed now so it may be unnecessary worry but I don't want to order all the plants and we find that she can't work for a while - I know that sounds rather selfish considering the seriousness of the situation but this will be an expensive plants order and it will need to be dealt with as soon as possible once it's delivered. 

Pondering whether it's too late to plant some cut and come again salad leaves ... in a planter. Does anyone know, please?

Oh, and I'm also planning to fit in some photo sessions, one to photograph the magnolias for I'm Following A Tree, another session, subject as yet undecided, for 5 in 5, and a session or two for no other reason than to have fun!

Comments

  1. Funnily enough, I am wondering about what else to plans and salad leaves came to mind. I think I will take a trip to a local garden centre and see what they have in the way of bedding plants - it has to be quick growing really as we want to hibernate the allotment over winter (apart from some aqua dulce broad beans).
    And I'm racking my brains for A photos. Eeeeek.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking online yesterday but every salad leaf choice was out of stock. I'll ask Danielle if she can get hold of any on her travels around the area.

      From things you've mentioned on your blog, 'A' is for actifry, apples, avocado - that should get you started 😁

      Delete
  2. You on Monday sounds happy and full of plans for the week ahead! :) I hope the week turns out well and you will be able to visit all the places you are planning to visit and Danielle will be available to plant the items you will be ordering for the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do feel happy and eager to start getting out and about again. I'm quite happy to be on my own and to distance from others but also want to make some positive memories of 2020 while the weather is good.

      Danielle next visit is tomorrow afternoon so I am hopeful we can make firm plans for getting the planting done.

      Delete
  3. Not difficult to get confused by all the rules at the moment. They keep changing. I hope you enjoy your venture out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be even more confusing for your family as you have to take account of the Welsh rules as well.

      Delete
    2. Yes I was sorely disappointed when Wales initially didn’t lift the 5 mile rule. Must effect a lot of people who have relatives one side or other of one of the UK borders and for those living one side and working on the other. There is apparently a golf course striding the Welsh border so different rules applied. I guess they went by whatever their address is.

      Delete
    3. It's all been very confusing. I don't understand why the entire UK didn't just have the one set of rules.

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you've planned a good week for yourself, and are starting it fresh. I hope the timing of the planting works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we've sorted out a workable timetable, finger crossed anyway.

      Delete
  5. Cardinal sounds interesting. I'll keep an eye out for it. Your solo trips are inspiring me to get up and get out a bit. I'm satisfied that these kinds of outdoor outings are as safe as it's going to get. Your concern isn't selfish at all, just a need to plan so that your money isn't wasted and the ordering isn't just to do over again later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm at ease about going out on my own to anywhere where it's possible to avoid close contact with other people. At the moment I don't want to use public toilets unless I'm absolutely desperate so that restricts how long I can be out of the house but I am lucky enough to have all sorts of interesting places on my doorstep so I have plenty of choice.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts