Tuesday

The new obelisk was delivered yesterday but was badly damaged in transit so needs to be replaced ... instead of being straight it has a 90° bend in it. I would have refused to accept it so that the carrier returned it to sender but because of the way they deliver now, he drove off as soon as I opened the door so I didn't have time to say anything. I've emailed the company I bought it from and am waiting for their response.

I had a short break booked for the end of November but they phoned yesterday to say that it is cancelled and my deposit has been refunded in full. I was expecting this as the entertainment on both evenings involved live musical shows, and to be honest a big part of me is relieved that I no longer need to make a decision about whether to go or not. That's all my planned mini holidays cancelled now but I still have my staycation to look forward to.

I did very little yesterday, just tried to eat properly, and in between meals either slept, read a book, or tried out some Italian. As to be expected, a severe migraine like the one I've just had has been followed by nosebleeds, which meant that I missed the choir practice (but I have the song sheets so can practice during the week). They're quite minor bleeds so far but if they continue tomorrow I will have to follow long standing instructions and seek medical advice. To say I'm fed up is an understatement!

Today will be more of the same - sleeping, reading, and Italian - but hopefully without the nosebleeds!

Comments

  1. Hope the nose bleeds stop and you can enjoy a better day. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's looking promising so far ... no nosebleeds yet!

      Delete
  2. How disappointing about the obelisk. Fingers crossed the company responds speedily.
    I know what you mean about feeling relieved. This way is less hassle for you.

    Very much hoping the nose bleeds stop and things revert to normal for you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've emailed to apologise and will send a replacement asap so it should be here later this week or early next.

      I think it's just as well about the cancellation - it saves me agonising about it!

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear that the obelisk was damaged in transit; hope the company will respond to your email and replace it without delay.

    Too bad the mini holiday was canceled, but, it was probably for the best. At least they refunded your money and relieved you of having to make the decision to go or cancel.

    Sorry, too, to hear about the nose bleeds. Hope they stop and you don't have to see a doctor. Continue to take it easy and rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've confirmed that the obelisk will be replaced so that's all in hand.

      It's unlikely I'd have wanted to go on the holiday with things as they are anyway so I'm not disappointed about it. I think it's for the best.

      Delete
  4. Oh dear! It’s just one thing after another for you. I hope they clear up soon. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just the normal pattern of things so I'm not too worried. So far there's no sign of a nosebleed today so am hopeful to be over the worst of it now.

      Delete
  5. Well, I am glad to see from the comments, that things are not as bad as they first seemed. We must remember at times of frustration, that this too shall pass. Take good care of yourself; tomorrow will be better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomorrow will be better but today is starting to feel pretty good too ☺️

      I can tell by how I feel that I'm over the worst of it now so just need to take it easy and eat properly. I should feel 100% better tomorrow.

      Delete
  6. Well big boos about the obelisk being damaged, but thankfully they are replacing quickly - does that mean you also get to keep the damaged one? If yes, maybe Danielle can straighten, or use in another part of the garden. Glad to read in other comments that the nosebleed situation is not a problem ... that can be very worrying. Deep breathe in (& out) all shall be well ... all is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They haven't given instructions about the bent obelisk so I have emailed to ask what they want me to do with it. I don't think there's room for a second one but someone may want it if they don't ask for it to be returned.

      Yes, all is well ... or getting there, anyway!

      Delete
  7. Pleased to hear you are on the mend after such a rotten time. I know what it is like. :o(
    You still have six days to find some "A"s. I have been enjoying the theme - even if the weather in some of my pics is really dismal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lady Ella. It takes a while to pick myself back up sometimes as I am sure you know yourself.

      I haven't taken any of my A photos yet. I have some ideas but will have to look around the house if I can't summon up the energy to go out and take any.

      Delete
  8. I'm sorry about the obelisk and hope you can get it replaced before you need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It won't be planted until next year - it's for sweet peas, so there's plenty big time.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts