Saturday

We're due more rain today. After getting drenched yesterday I'm now fed up with it and want the sun back, just not as hot this time please!

I have a feeling it will be a fairly easy day today. Thanks to the weather I haven't slept too well over this past week so I'm tired and have a migraine threatening. I'm hoping a lazy day with a few naps and some prescription meds will soon solve that.

I volunteered to take part in a Bath Uni psychology department study to do with mindfulness. If I meet all the criteria for the project I will be asked to fill out a couple of questionnaires, watch a video, and practice mindfulness for ten minutes every day for two weeks - I don't know if participants choose their own approach to mindfulness but I think it's more likely that it is decided by the organiser. I've received the initial document so will complete and return that today, then wait to see if I am lucky enough to be selected. I hope so because the commitment to two weeks of practicing mindfulness will be a big step towards making it a regular habit. 

The only other thing I need to do is check and confirm the online supermarket delivery, due tomorrow. Once that's done I can do whatever I feel like, probably a mix of reading, watching films, and sleeping!

Comments

  1. I hope the migraine goes away and does its thing elsewhere. :-(

    I hope you are selected.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. The tablets worked their magic so I'm pain free but sleepy. xx

      Delete
  2. Hope your migraines goes away soon, have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great opportunity re the mindfulness project. I love it, hope you do too. If you dont get on the course you could download an app. Hope migraine goes away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've filled in the form so now have to wait to see if I am selected. I've attempted mindfulness from time to time but each time have let it slip. I am hoping, assuming I am selected, that the discipline of 'having' to do it every day because a student is relying on me to be committed will kick start a habit.

      Delete
  4. Sorry you got drenched yesterday! Hope the migraine goes away. A day of rest and relaxation sounds good. I, too, hope you get selected to participate in the mindfulness study. Have a good day and take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless, the pain has gone thanks to the meds, but they leave me feeling sleepy so it'll definitely be a restful day.

      I've returned the form so now have to wait tio see if I am a suitable candidate.

      Delete
  5. We haven't had any rain for ages but there's plenty in the forecast from tomorrow onwards. Saying that, it's very dull today, I just hope it stays fine as I'm just about to put a line of washing out to dry. Hope you manage to keep the migraine at bay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's raining on and off here and I think it's set in for the day. It's just rain though, no thunderstorm this time. I'm washing my bedding but it'll have to go in the tumble dryer this time. The pains gone thanks.

      Delete
  6. Yes I’m enjoying it cooler and getting more done but I would like to see the sun again too thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose we need all this rain for the plants and the reservoirs but I bet it makes life difficult for the farming community.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts