Friday

Well I had a go at the tai chi yesterday but had to give up - it was impossible to follow what the instructor was doing as the screen kept freezing. I tried logging out and logging back in but it didn't make any difference so there's still a question mark over tai chi as a potential new form of exercise. I'll try again next week.

The rest of the day was taken up with phone calls. As well as the ones I'd arranged I also heard from several other friends with plans for various online meetups and I now have plenty in the diary to look forward to.  I know I sound like an ungrateful brat, but I do hope today is much quieter!

I signed up for a language learning site in the hope that I can link up with someone who is fluent in Italian and is learning English. The aim is to have a weekly Zoom meeting so we can both reinforce what we've learned so far and have to opportunity to practice speaking with someone who can correct pronunciation and provide guidance. I contacted a couple of people so am waiting on their responses.

There's nothing I have to do today so I can please myself. So, some reading definitely and also some work on the family tree, and possibly choose some new music to start working on. 

Comments

  1. Too bad about the computer screen freezing during the tai chi lesson. Better luck, next time! How lovely to have several fun meetups to look forward to! I hope you get to enjoy a quieter day, today! Have a fun Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely frustrating because I couldn't see him demonstrating each movement! I'll try again with the live session next week but if it doesn't work out, will try the YouTube recording. Relying on the recording makes it too easy for me to put it off and watch later but later never arrives!

      I hope you have a good day too xx

      Delete
  2. I think having a language "pen pal" is probably an excellent idea to move your new language skill forward. I like days where there are no have to do this or that.

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been contacted by several people and one, a mature lady living in Italy, shares the same interests as me so I will be contacting her and hopefully getting a regular chat/learning session set up.

      Delete
  3. A bad line can be such a pain. As you implied, it spoils all the fun.
    Your day sounds lovely!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the first time I've had that happen as bad. The screen was completely frozen so I couldn't see what he was demonstrating! Never mind, my new recipe book turned up so I spent some quality time looking through that xx

      Delete
  4. I love Tai Chi and have gone to some classes back when going to classes was safe, but I have trouble following videos. Yoga is much easier for me to "get" from a video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of Tai Chi but so far haven't 'got' it. I tried a couple of YouTube videos some time ago and also a local class where I just didn't feel welcome, but struggle with the arm movements - I have limited movement in my right shoulder so can't seem to get the flow properly.

      Delete
    2. Like with yoga, adaptations for personal issues are necessary. Some teachers are better at inclusion than others.

      Delete
    3. The local tai chi class was supposed to be one where the instructor would adjust movement according to individuals needs but in reality he was very impatient with anyone who needed advice to adjust. I gave up!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts