Thursday

Yesterday turned out to be a very productive day in the end. I went out for a walk first thing but it was colder than I expected so I didn't stay out for long. It did revive my spirits though, so after a breakfast of bacon sandwiches, I faced up to tackling one of the bigger jobs on my to-do list.

This was all to do with admin. I have drafted an update to my will and contacted a couple of local solicitors to see how much they will charge to complete that. I've also almost finished the initial draft of my living will and power of attorney thingy; I now need to chat through with my nephew and his wife and once I'm sure that they are happy with it, I will be able to send it off and get it registered. I made a start on sorting through the rest of my paperwork, which I've got behind with again(!), and will continue with it today. I'm going to have to get used to checking it every month as it's surprising how quickly the information in my 'When I've Gone' folder gets out of date.

I checked the website for the auction house I want to use as getting that stuff out of the house will make a huge difference - it's all currently in the music room and I want the space again. Unfortunately the place is closed for isolation as over half of their staff were off with coronavirus but are due to reopen this week, not that I'll be in any rush to get over there after learning that. I don't know how the lockdown will affect them but, if they are still permitted to operate, I am hoping to either arrange for them to collect from me or for me to arrange for the items to be delivered to them.    

As for today, I'll do some of the Italian coursework and then carry on sorting the paperwork. I'm also hoping to speak to my sister at some stage. Apart from that I will have my nose in a book to forget about the real world for a while. My latest choice is Nine Elms by Robert Bryndza.

Comments

  1. It must be something about Wednesdays. Mine are usually pretty productive too.
    You're a lot more organised than I! Good luck with all that paperwork.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a really good idea to get that paperwork done in good time before it's needed - and so much better to tackle it in small pieces. And even better to do it after a delicious bacon butty! Would that be a good subject for No 17 in the winter photo hunt ' Comfort Food' ? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think of photographing my bacon sandwich until I had an empty plate! Maybe next time.

      Delete
  3. Paperwork, especially legal things like wills, are necessary but oh so much work. It was a strange thing when COVID first "hit" that it was the Humane Society that reminded everyone to get their affairs in order, especially regarding their pets well being should they have to go to hospital. I am facing my annual shredding tasks; I tried to do a little everyday so as not to make it a big thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get all the paperwork up to date not that long ago but this time I am being ruthless and loads more, that I really don't need to keep, is going. It just means a lot of my least favourite job ... shredding!

      Delete
  4. Getting those papers in order is important. Congratulations on having that well in hand :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'll be feeling smug once I complete the task but there's still a way to go.

      Delete
  5. Good job getting all the paperwork sorted! I've given myself permission to wait until next week to get started on mine! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. Maybe get your daughter to help ... it sounds like she is good at decluttering 😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts