Tuesday

Yesterday was mostly taken up with working out how I was going to get my will updated. The two local firms I originally contacted must all be working from home and although one firm issued an automated acknowledgement of my enquiry, I haven't heard anything else at all after waiting a week. Considering the circumstances I want to get this finished sooner rather than later so spent the morning phoning around and have arranged a Zoom meeting with a solicitor in Bradford on Avon for next Monday to get the process started. 

That was about all I did yesterday. It was too wet to think about walking to the marina so I spent the rest of the day sleeping or reading. I regretted it last night as I wasn't tired enough for sleep ... today is going to be an exercise in staying awake!

This morning is set aside to carry on with the paperwork. I'm now down to two smallish piles; one that's my paperwork and one belonging to my late partner. I'll tackle his documents today - probably most of it can be shredded and any important items can be returned to his brother. 

I'll be chatting with J later this afternoon, which I'm looking forward to, and this evening I may join in with a choir practice. I missed yesterday's in the end but have the option of joining the Bath session tonight - they are learning the same songs but as I write this, I'm not sure what I'll do. I may just forget it for this week and wait until next Monday.

Comments

  1. Well done for pushing through the solicitor thing. Hopefully, the meeting will be productive. And also well done re the paperwork. Not an easy task but so nice when it's all done.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping it will be fairly straightforward. I've decided who gets what so I just need to formal document drawn up.

      I will be glad when it's done.

      Delete
  2. Yes, well done with pursuing getting the legal documents done! Hopefully, the zoom meeting will be successful. Sounds like you are making good progress with the paperwork, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't done much on the paperwork today despite best intentions. I'm not getting anywhere fast so am taking a break from it for a while.

      I think the Zoom meeting for the will update will be successful. I have everything written out so can email the documents to him which will should make it easier and save a lot of time.

      Delete
  3. Anything legal always takes a fair amount of time & meetings, at least that has been my experience. It certainly will give you peace of mind to have it updated & done. I often wonder why we hang on to all the paper work that we do - is it fear? I use to save all my daytimes because after watching so many detective, murder mysteries, people always needed an alibi & I worried I wouldn't remember where I was or doing at certain times, so I keep my evidence. Shredding 10 years of daytimes was a lot of work. This certainly makes me laugh today. Maybe, if it's not raining, stand in your garden & breathe deeply the fresh cool air to keep you awake until bed time ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The service offered is one meeting leading to a document ready for signature within 21 days ... there's nothing complicated about my wishes so it should all be fairly straightforward.

      I can't believe some of the papers I thought necessary to keep but the majority is going now.

      Delete
  4. I managed just one business chore yesterday as well. I have stopped making calls on Monday whenever possible, as workers are just not in the most receptive of moods. You can't blame them, it used to take me awhile to get back in the groove some weeks. Tuesdays are now my financial/business paperwork days and they seem to go much better. But right now I am stalling by reading blogs. I do hope you get to join in the choir practice tonight, rather than wait for nearly a week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure whether the choir will meet tonight. We've had an email warning that it may be cancelled so I will just have to find something else to do! 😊

      Delete
  5. Our will needs updating, and I've wondered about one of the online services... My sleep schedule is no longer a schedule lol, but more intermittent *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be a relief to get my will updated so I can forget about it for a while.

      I'm not sleeping too well again. I think it's the upset of lockdown but I am just going with the flow and trying not to stress about it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts