Weekly Reflections

 Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • learning that I don't have diabetes at present and have time to resolve the problem through diet and exercise 
  • celebrating the birth of a friend's grandson
  • chats with friends and family
  • receiving a bag full of books from my sister
  • receiving the latest photos of Baby P. She's just had her first birthday and she is gorgeous!
  • finding lots of new-to-me meat free recipes which I'll enjoy trying out even if I don't get round to doing an entire month of them
  • loving the latest selection of songs we're working on at choir
  • regaining that lovely feeling of contentment
  • random acts of kindness to and from family and friends
  • actually losing some weight!
  • hearing (video call) Misses C and H playing a couple of tunes they'd taught themselves to play on the keyboard 

I am grateful ...
  • that so much information is available at the press of a button
  • that my car started first time (I keep forgetting to let the engine run!)
  • to all the workers who have directly impacted on my life during lockdown - GP, surgery staff, postal workers, couriers, police, gardener, deliver drivers, online suppliers, garage staff, legal departments + all the others I have missed out

Lifestyle Changes
  • Exercise (30 mins minimum every day): achieved 30 minutes every day
  • Weight: 2 lbs loss 😁😁

Comments

  1. That's lots of lovely reasons to be cheerful. Well done on the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant on both the exercise and the weight loss. It has to have positive effects on overall health, doesn't it?
    It's been a very positive week for you, despite all the hurdles along the track!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does, especially on my emotional health. I think I'm feeling more upbeat as a result of the weight loss in particular, even though it's a mere fraction of what I need to lose in total - at least I've made a start.

      Delete
  3. Oh, so happy to hear you are not diabetic and that you are taking control and losing weight. You indeed deserve to be cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm not out of trouble yet, but have started moving in the right direction so am feeling positive and cheerful.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on the weight loss. That sounds like a lot for a week! And congratulations on having been faithful to your exercise plan. Soon it'll be a habit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think it's just initial fluid loss so it'll be interesting to see how I do this week. I'm monitoring my calorie intake and have set my target to lose one pound a week which is what I am hoping to see at the next weigh in.

      I'm just making myself do the exercise every day. I do hope I get to the stage where I 'really' enjoy it but I think that's some way away!

      Delete
  5. Lots of good reasons to be cheerful and grateful, Eileen. Well done on the weight loss and keeping up with the exercises! A start is as good as a mile, as they say! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the weight loss, Eileen.

    I too have a 30 minute daily exercise goal, but rarely do it. You are very disciplined! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nil. I always start off well but the initial enthusiasm doesn't usually last. Let's hope it'll be different this time.

      Delete
  7. Good luck with it all - you have made a good start. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm hopeful for keeping it going this time as I have a life changing reason for doing it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts