Friday

Yesterday I spent quite a bit of time looking for vegetarian recipes, including the recipes/chefs/sites that a couple of you suggested ... many thanks for the ideas. I also found an abundance of 4 week meal plans, a couple of which I'm using as my starting point. I will have to tweak them to remove dairy and avocado, and to include some of the 3-2-1 recipes but the basics are there to save on brain ache!

I watched another online talk in the afternoon. It was about Big Ben and was a virtual tour of the Elizabeth Tower with stopping points to see the inside of the dial and finally to see the huge bell. There was loads of history and interesting facts thrown in and I've added the tour to my ever growing list of things to see and do once we've knocked coronavirus into touch.

Today I have to have another blood test to check for Lyme disease. This is a 'be on the safe side' test: I had a tick bite back in July and removed it with no sign of any of the warning symptoms but now, seven months later, have developed the tell tale bullseye mark around where the bite was. My doctor is sure that the result will be negative for the disease as infected ticks are relatively rare in this area but it is unusual to get the warning sign after such a long delay. If it does turn out to be positive the treatment will be a course of antibiotics.

This afternoon I am expecting a phone call from the Diabetes Prevention Programme for an initial assessment prior to the course starting on Monday. I don't know how long it will take so haven't given any thought to keeping myself entertained beyond catching up with some reading. I have some draft documents to finish reading through for my friend and then I'll carry on with my current read.

This evening it's the Harry Potter quiz, obviously the highlight of the day!

Today's exercise is to join in with another new online exercise class, this one includes a variety of seated and standing exercises and is described as beginners level, so it should be fine.

Comments

  1. Glad you found some good ideas to help you get started with the vegetarian meal plans. I recently watched a cooking show on TV with Jamie Oliver preparing vegetarian meals - in it he visited India and prepared some Indian food. Might be something to look into?

    That's very unusual for the tick bite to show signs of Lyme disease after several months, isn't it? I hope the blood test results will be negative.

    Sounds like you have a good day planned, with the blood test, the phone call for the initial assessment, and the HP quiz to look forward to. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip about Jamie Oliver - I'll see what I can find.

      My doctor said it was odd but went on to say about the secondary form of the disease which I didn't really follow! He thinks I'm fine and the test is to confirm that, so I'm not worrying about it.

      Hope you have a lovely day too xx

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your blood test today. I hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's all over and done with so just waiting for the results next week.

      Delete
  3. You are amazing at finding interesting online talks, etc. How do you do it - is there a site that links to them?
    Enjoy the HP quiz - that would be my sort of thing too, I think. Definitely a highlight.
    Good luck with all the medical stuff. It's definitely better to follow these things through, just in case. And the meal planning sounds great.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the talks through the 'Events' on Facebook. That's where I found the Harry Potter quiz as well.

      Thanks re the medical stuff. It all seems to have descended on me at the same time but I'm sure it's all going to work out fine.

      The meal planning is fun!

      Delete
  4. I also hope that the blood test shows no Lyme disease, but I'm sure you'll need to keep an eye on that bull's eye mark for a bit. Sounds like you have stocked up on veggie recipes for a while now. My plan for the day is to go through a few of my recipe books to pull out some new ones & then prepare my online grocery order for pick up next week. I am sure you'll win the HP quiz. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary-Lou. I'm sure the test will confirm a negative for Lyme disease and I will be monitored until the mark around the bite clears properly.

      I almost have too many choices on the recipe front so have put them to one side for now and will resume planning next week after I have started the diabetes course and maybe have a bit more information bon that side of things.

      It'll depend whether the quiz is based on the films or the books. I'm much better at the films!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts