Me on Monday

Me on Monday is ... 

... feeling relaxed after a quiet weekend. I didn't do much, just a couple of odd jobs around the house, chats with friends, and some reading but mostly sleeping! 

... ready and waiting for today's Zoom meeting with a solicitor to update my will. I put everything I need in a pile yesterday so I don't have a last minute panic - it did cross my mind that it was a bit like the old days of getting my bags ready for the next day at school! 

... enjoying some of the latest offerings on TV. I watched the new series of Dancing on Ice, Would I Lie To You, and The Great Pottery Throw Down over the weekend but I need to watch The Landscape Artist of the Year on catch up before the second episode on Wednesday.

... wondering whether I need to replace my printer. Yesterday I printed out all the music for tonight's choir session and that was all fine, but when I printed out the draft of my will there were huge chunks of the text missing. I don't think it's to do with cleaning the heads as the missing text is the start of most of the paragraphs; it's completely missing, not fuzzy or smudged, and where it has printed the text is crisp and easy to read. I've checked the document and I haven't accidently marked some of the text as hidden so I will need to do some investigating later on.

... aiming for a fairly quiet week. I have other projects on my 2021 to-do list but don't feel the need to rush to get them done. Before the end of the month I want to take a look at the meal planning for February but I have plenty of time before I need to place my next food order.

... excited to have a few things in the diary now I've signed up for some free online courses. The first is on Wednesday and is a combination of cooking and learning the Italian language, where you watch a couple of recipes being cooked and at the same time learn Italian phrases to do with food and ordering in a cafe or restaurant. It wasn't clear on the level of Italian required so am hoping it is suitable for beginners! The recipes for this first session are Mediterranean Lentil Salad and Mediterranean Chicken Kebabs with Garlic Yoghurt Sauce.

Comments

  1. Investigate HP printers and their ink scheme ( I used John Lewis) i have forgotten what it is like to buy ink cartridges and particularly during lockdown having the cartridges arrive in post has been great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your suggestion. I considered the HP ink scheme last time I updated my printer but decided to stick with Epsom as I prefer their photo quality printers. I previously used a continuous ink system (so bottle fed instead of cartridges) but now have an eco tank ink system which is even cheaper than the HP ink scheme for the amount of printing I do.

      Delete
  2. How very odd - it might be worth Googling in case it is a known problem.
    I do hope it doesn't mean a replacement - they have gone up in price horrendously.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've solved the problem, which seems to be with MS Word rather than the actual printer. You are quite right and I found a solution published by Microsoft so no new printers will purchased today! xx

      Delete
  3. Sound like a great Monday to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Printers, gotta like them, gotta hate them. Hopefully the reason for not printing a section of your document will have a reasonable explanation. I only very recently used our printer to print a photo off the internet as my photo printing company wouldn't do for me & I was surprised & pleased at the quality our printer did. BUT, (there's always a but) the amount of ink it required! What fun cooking in Italian sounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The printer has a reprieve as the issue is a known MS Word problem which was easily resolved. I stopped using print cartridges years ago because of the amount of ink required to print a photo - too expensive for the numbers I print out.

      I'm hoping I can keep up with the cooking/Italian course!

      Delete
  5. You on Monday sounds wonderful! You sound both relaxed and happy. Good things are being accomplished and the day promises to go well. I hope it bodes well for the rest of the week, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am relaxed and happy. It's Monday night and I've had a successful day sorting out my will and just generally enjoying myself.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts