Weekly Reflections

Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • a supermarket delivery meaning the cupboards and freezer are full and I don't need to fret about food for the next few weeks.
  • arranging an appointment for my annual blood tests, only 8 weeks later than when they were due. Assuming the results are favourable all my repeat prescriptions will be renewed.
  • a long phone call with J
  • managing some short walks out in the fresh air
  • getting to grips with all the paperwork in the house. I haven't finished organising it yet but feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders already.
  • enjoying a text conversation with my nephew on his birthday.
  • the news that Lauren, who was notified by the Track & Trace team that she had to self isolate, has remained virus free and has returned to work.
  • lots of bulbs peeping through the soil bringing their promise of a colourful spring.

I am grateful ...
  • for central heating!
  • to the workmen who resolved whatever the problem was that lead to the power cuts.
  • efficient admin processes and helpful staff at my GP surgery
  • Dr Campbell's videos on YouTube, providing easy to understand and non-political information and updates on the pandemic.

Lifestyle Changes
  • Knee Strengthening (every day): achieved
  • Exercise: umm ... sort of achieved, though very half-heartedly and not enjoyed at all this week!
  • Practicing self-compassion: achieved

Comments

  1. I like your reasons to be cheerful and grateful. I am all excited that the bulbs are starting to appear! Looking forward to seeing photos of the pretty flowers when they start blooming. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking to see if there is enough of interest for a garden update post but it's still too early. Just a few bulbs peeping through at the moment. I too am looking forward to see all the bulbs in bloom.

      Delete
  2. Nice lists! I'm glad Lauren is okay. My son was quarantining, but he had been working from home so it wasn't such a big deal - just very isolating. However he is now done with it and has (thankfully) remained symptom free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a relief to hear she's okay. She works in a hospital, as do her three sisters, so she's in a high risk environment every day.

      Delete
  3. Ample food stores is always a comfort :) I've got daffodils poking their greenery up out of the dirt. Gives me hope :) Congrats on your exercise success. I'm afraid I've had some slow weeks over the holidays and am only now getting back to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to do much more on the exercise front but at least I'm doing a bit most days.

      The new shoots at this time of year are always guaranteed to raise my spirits.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts