Weekly Reflections

 Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • a long chat with T and S, my friendly neighbours
  • a delivery of parcels from Argos, to replace the broken bathroom scales and a non-stick frying pan that had forgotten how to be non-stick
  • a walk to the marina to take some photos for my monthly photo challenge
  • completing the admin reorganisation and the first big task to be ticked off the 2021 to-do list
  • enjoying the new series of The Great Pottery Throw Down, and Would I Lie To You, and ...
  • looking forward to the new series of Dancing on Ice which starts this evening
  • phone calls and Zoom meets with friends
  • even more bulbs peeping through the soil 😁

I am grateful ...
  • that my blood pressure and blood tests have been done, only eight weeks later than originally due. 
  • for the support of family and friends
  • for a well maintained car (all thanks to T and D) so I can avoid using public transport

Lifestyle Changes
  • Knee Strengthening (every day): achieved
  • Exercise: {coughs} I'm trying! I've attempted some form of exercise most days but it's a struggle
  • Practicing self-compassion: achieved

Comments

  1. Sounds like it was a good week with lots to be cheerful about and grateful for. How exciting to have all the flower bulbs starting to appear! Spring in your garden is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know the exact planting places for all the bulbs I chose so I will have a lovely surprise when they eventually flower.

      Delete
  2. I'd forgotten about Dancing on Ice, thanks for the reminder!
    What a cheerful week! :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sundays will be good viewing with Dancing on Ice followed by The Great Pottery Showdown.

      It has been a good week xx

      Delete
  3. It's a shame those non-stick pans don't last forever. We have daffodils poking up in a pot on the patio, and it's such a cheering sight :) I took off a couple of weeks over the holidays but am back to an exercise routine with yoga and weights. I discovered Paul Eugene on Youtube, and I'm doing some of his videos to add a bit of fun cardio. I don't like cardio, but some of the dance videos are fun :)

    Your week sounds so productive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine are all still a way from flowering but there's plenty poking through the soil.

      The dance videos sound interesting so will have a look at YouTube to see if there's any I like.

      Delete
    2. There's quite the variety. I found line dancing, and walking but with dance moves, and electroswing, and Richard Simmons' dance videos with "oldies" music... It's been fun trying them.

      Delete
    3. I'm beginning to think I need a lot of variety rather than following one particular thing. I need the 'fun' element!

      Delete
    4. There are some exercises (hip range of motion and hip strengthening, for example) that I do every day, but I know that variety is important for bone strengthening (which is one of my main concerns) or the body gets used to the movement and stress level and quits responding. I try to use a different yoga practice than what I'm used to several times a week, and I rotate the cardio/dance/walk videos. I have bookmark folders that are filled with stuff lol I am glad there's so _much_ on Youtube. I did one from the Reps to the Rhythm channel yesterday. Very upbeat.

      Delete
    5. I will set myself the task of looking for some new fun videos, starting on Reps to the Rhythm!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts