Saturday

The medical things went smoothly yesterday. I was in and out in under five minutes for the blood test so was back home in the warm in no time at all. The Diabetes Prevention initial assessment lasted forty five minutes and was a general chat about my current lifestyle with a final questionnaire to assess how I felt about the changes I will need to make to my lifestyle. I didn't actually learn much about the course itself, only that it's online and it is a group session with one leader working with a minimum of eight participants and a maximum of twenty five participants. My first session is on Monday when I'll know the size group I'm in - I'm hoping it's one of the smaller ones.

I gave up on the Harry Potter quiz last night. There were lots of technical problems and I waited for about forty five minutes but then decided to cut my losses. I paid for a ticket but it was only £2.99 so I'm not worried about the money and won't ask for a refund. I'm just a bit disappointed as I was so looking forward to it. It should be available on her site to view during the week but that obviously depends on whether she managed to sort of the problems.

I received an email from the company I used to work for asking if I would like to resume teaching, this time providing online lessons. The changes they plan to make to keep things going during the pandemic are tempting and will probably provide a much better income as you're not restricted to pupils in your local area, but I declined the offer. I'm enjoying my retirement, but was nice to be asked.

I need to do a bit of work on the family tree at some time today. I have a session booked tomorrow with one of the professional researchers at RootsTech UK, which I'm hoping will give me some tips on tracing one specific ancestor through my DNA contacts. I need to sort out all the information relating to that person and then keep my fingers crossed that the session will help point me in the right direction.

Apart from that I'll just see what I fancy doing. I started watching The Midnight Sky on Netflix during the week, but only got about half way as I kept falling asleep, so I can watch the rest of that ... I definitely enjoyed the part I've seen. I'll do my daily Italian as well. I've found another Italian language podcast to listen to - '5 minute Italian' - which I'm finding useful but so far none of the potential conversation buddies has worked out. I'll keep trying though.

My exercise session for today will be the Bee Gee's Night Fever line dancing session:


I'm still trying to remember all the moves, but it makes me laugh so all is good! I'll make up the rest of my time with walking, probably indoors as the forecast isn't good.

Comments

  1. Glad to hear that the blood test went smoothly and took hardly any time. Hope the diabetes prevention session meeting on Monday goes well. Too bad about the HP quiz, but, yes, it's nice to be asked if we want to rejoin work, isn't it? I think you made the right decision to not rejoin. Hope today is going well for you. It's just past noon, at this end, and it is a sunny day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The course pack was emailed through today and it looks interesting. It's talking about lifestyle changes so fits in with my existing goals ... I think my mindset is ready to make this work.

      I found out this morning that the technical problems were resolved and the quiz is available on her website so I will try again on Tuesday.

      I was talking to my nephew's wife about the teaching today as as I was telling her, and listening to her experiences of online teaching, I knew I had made the right decision ... no regrets on that front.

      It's been wet and grey outside but I've had a lovely day indoors, snug and warm. Enjoy your sunshine xx

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you're on top of the medical/health issues. I'm loving the dance videos I'm finding online. So much more fun than _always_ walking in place. Variety is the spice of life, as they say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dance ones are great fun aren't they. The walking in place ones can sometimes strain my knee so I have to be careful with those. YouTube is certainly helping me at the moment.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts