Wednesday

The lurgy, whatever it is, is still hanging about but I'm feeling much better than I did. I think some fresh air will do me good so would like to get out for a walk first thing, assuming there's not too many people about. If too many people have the same idea I'll stay in my garden instead.

I don't know how I feel about the lockdown. I am relieved that the schools will be closed as that affects my great nieces and nephews, although my nephew's wife is a teacher so will still have to work in her school with the vulnerable children and the children of key workers. One other niece is a key worker but all the rest of my family will be working from home. They are all sensible and we are as safe as anyone else but it all feels a bit desperate at the moment. Lack of confidence that the government truly knows what it's doing doesn't help!

I have a feeling that this lockdown will be the reading lockdown. I've read three books since the start of the year and will be choosing my fourth book today. It's the perfect time of year for snuggling up on the sofa with a comfort blanket and a mug of coffee and forgetting the cold outside.

Comments

  1. I'm off out for a first thing in the morning walk too, as long as it's not slippery underfoot. Enjoy yours .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did thanks, Joy. Hope you had a good walk too.

      Delete
  2. Thank goodness for books, thank goodness for reading. Yes I am sure a bit of fresh air is a good antidote for the lethargy of lockdown/pandemic fatigue. I feel quite frustrated with our governments over the roll out of the vaccine, so I've got a stroll on the agenda for today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was colder than I thought so I wasn't out for long but it gave me a much needed boost and I've spent a productive few hours clearing one on the jobs on my list. I'm settling down to read now!

      Delete
  3. I wish teachers and other school staff were seen as 'key workers'. They seem to have been forgotten in all this.
    And ditto re my feelings about the government.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It annoys me that so many people, teachers included, should be classed as key workers and given the recognition they deserve but have been consistently overlooked.

      I thought we'd probably agree about the government!

      Delete
  4. Commenting to several posts in a day instead of daily lol I'm glad you're feeling better :)

    I'm also doing more reading in these days, and I'm opening my bedroom windows during the day to get some fresh air through the place. Our restrictions aren't nearly as strict as yours. I'll be so glad when we finally get through all this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      I've been a bit more productive today so if I can keep that up (unlikely 😂) I think the reading will slow down to just in the evenings - the TV is dire at the moment.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you were able to go for a walk and I hope you continue to feel better. I have been glued to the TV, all day, watching what is going on at the US Capitol building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just watched it on the news. That's a very scary situation.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts