Me on Monday

Me on Monday is ...

... feeling relaxed after a quiet weekend. I made some batches of soup for the freezer and carried on with the shredding but most of my time was spent reading. 

... feeling more at ease about the pushy neighbour issue after speaking to T and S, my friendly neighbours. It seems they have been on the receiving end of her behaviour themselves so understood how I felt and assured me that it will eventually stop. S reminded me that he's only a phone call away if I need help at any time.

... taking great pleasure in the return of my reading mojo. I've read four books so far this year and have just started my fifth, The Binding by Bridget Collins. This is my choice for this month's Diversify Your Reading Challenge. The January genre is Literary Fiction and a Google search for books in that genre included three of the books I have in my bookcase so I will try to read all three this month. They are The Binding, The Midnight Library by Matt Haig, and Where The Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens.

... taking some photos for my monthly photo challenge  over at the marina. If it's relatively people free I'll walk along the towpath as well, which can count as my daily exercise.

... continuing to organise the paperwork. Today I want to focus on updating my 'When I've Gone' folder and chase up the solicitors for their charges to update my will. I've divided the remaining tasks into workable chunks so, as long as I do an hour or so a day, will complete everything by the end of the week.

... looking forward to a leisurely afternoon reading, playing the piano, and some family tree research, followed by choir practice this evening.

Comments

  1. Glad to read that you are feeling relaxed and more at ease about the pushy neighbor! Hope you have a lovely day and accomplish all what you want to do. I am planning to pick up an order of groceries and dropping off a few things I'll be getting for for friend R. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll get most things done apart from the photos and the walk ... it's too wet but it might clear up this afternoon.

      I hope you pick up and drop off runs smoothly. Take care xx

      Delete
  2. It sounds like a great day.
    Pushy neighbour sounds lonely but doesn't know how to reach out appropriately. A shame - maybe she will find an appropriate outlet for her 'I want to help' impulses. I'm very glad you are feeling more settled about it all - one can rationalise these things but it's still not a nice feeling/experience at all. Hopefully things will settle quickly and I think you've dealt with it all amazingly well.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently at one time she had a reputation for being horrible to local kids, making them cry even though they weren't bothering her. I think she may have mental health issues.

      The fact that S and T understood about her aggression helped enormously and I now know it's not my imagination. I just plan to stay out of her way and avoid any conversation.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like things are going to your liking. Soup and shredding are on my agenda for this week as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, despite all the restrictions to normal life, things are going well. It's definitely soup weather here!

      Delete
  4. A lovely rhythm build into today's plan of tasks & pleasures. I recently found that my reading was off because I had, had too many books that I did not enjoy, in a row. I've returned to one of my favourite authors & all seems renewed in my reading pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that was my problem ... too many books I didn't enjoy so couldn't finish them. I was also caught up in trying to read while the TV was on so wasn't concentrating on either. I'm focusing on doing one thing at a time, so if I want to read then the TV is switched off and vice versa. It's made a huge difference.

      Delete
  5. I'm happy the pushy neighbor isn't targeting you only -that'd be a relief to me- and sympathy/empathy and support will be welcome, I'm sure. It sounds like your reading mojo is back in spades :) I'm grateful I enjoy reading like I do. I find it a comforting activity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm relying on reading to get me through this current lockdown. There's nothing better than losing yourself in a good story.

      I'm relieved about the neighbour situation. Hopefully she's moved on to someone else as she hasn't bothered me for the last few days.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts