Friday

Yesterday was taken up with paperwork, reading and quite a few naps. It was foggy first thing so I chose to wait for it to clear before braving a short walk but it actually stayed around all day. I did some knee exercises and steps at home instead.

I'm carrying on with the paperwork today. My original intention was simply to deal with the backlog of filing and update my will, etc., but I've ended up doing a complete clear out. I've been keeping too much stuff for much longer than needed so I am being completely ruthless and the majority of it is going. So far I have reduced four shelves worth of packed folders to four box files, which only take up half a shelf. I haven't finished the sorting yet but I think there is room in the four box files for whatever else I decide to keep. This has created a paper mountain that, annoyingly, now needs to be shredded - my least favourite job of all times and I can't even borrow my great nieces to do it for me!

I'm expecting a supermarket delivery some time between 11am and 3pm. I booked this back in December, when slots were available, with the intention of picking a later date nearer the time but with the lockdown announcement I've decided to take delivery sooner rather than later. Once it's here I will have plenty of food to keep me going and won't need to fret about that side of things for a while. Assuming everything is delivered I'll be cooking up a few batches of soup, and some portions of chicken curry for the freezer over the weekend. 

I'm hoping to take part in an online quiz tonight but it will depend on whether the broadband is up and working properly - I've been notified of a planned downtime due to essential maintenance and will be without Internet from 9am to 7pm, so it all depends on whether they finish on time .... fingers crossed.

Comments

  1. Mine has been painfully slow for the past week (internet that is) - the ISP says it ‘shouldn’t’ be a problem but we all know it is. Remember the days when we weren’t so reliant on it, and we could ‘pop down to the library’ if we desperately needed it. We’ve become greedy these days - I want it....and I want it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish I wasn't so reliant on it but I am and I suppose there's no going back. I have tried but at least my phone can fill some of the gap left back lack of internet!😂😂

      Delete
  2. Maybe we could be shredding buddies ... I have a some what smaller pile, but it will grow again, once I go through the monthly bill receipts as I know only keep 1 year's worth of gas, electric, water.

    We have all become so dependent on our internet connections since last March - it's the only way to keep seemingly connected to the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not been a good day - no internet and power cuts. I'm cold and fed up and the pile of shredding is staring back at me!

      It's made me realise how dependent I am on technology. My only saving grace is that I like reading so I've had something to keep me occupied! 😂

      Delete
  3. Clearing out paperwork is difficult. I think I have so much that if anything happened to me nobody would know which were the needed papers. I need to do better. It's deciding what I need to keep that's the hardest part for me.

    I had chicken soup last night, and I find it such a comfort to have these cup-sized servings in the freezer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what's prompted me to get this sorted properly. I plan to move to paper free reporting for as many things as I can so I don't have this continual struggle to keep everything organised.

      It's definitely soup weather, my favourite lunch at this time of year.

      Delete
  4. Wow! You did a LOT of paper decluttering! Well done! I'm sorry you are without power, though! Impossible to have a warm meal or a hot drink on a cold day without electricity! Do you have a fireplace? If so, maybe you can burn the papers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I don't have a fireplace so need to wait to use the shredder. I have arthritis in my hands so cutting or tearing the papers isn't an option either.

      Delete
  5. Hope you had fun at the quiz. I hate shredding. I think that's why I put off sorting paperwork for so long. I usually end up with a ton of it and have to shred over several days - well, I could do it for hours, but don't lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have internet access so, as I'd missed the start of the quiz, watched TV instead.

      I'll just do a bit of shredding every day until it's done. It sets my teeth on edge so can't cope with doing it for too long at any one time!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts