Thursday

I have to brave the outside world this morning. I have an appointment for blood tests and blood pressure check, so can't avoid going to the surgery.  I've been lucky enough to have had telephone/online consultations with my GP since the first lockdown so at least once these test results are back, and assuming they are okay, this should be the only time I have to visit the surgery for another year. 

I don't need any food so will resist the temptation to visit any shops while I'm in town but, weather permitting, will take the opportunity to walk around the town park for a change of scene ... and maybe take some photos if it's reasonably quiet.

This afternoon I plan to finish sorting through the paperwork. I want to get it out of the way today; I've looked through everything so nothing will come as a shock. It was the documents with photo ID which threw me yesterday as I'd completely forgotten they were there.

The rest of my time will be filled with my nose in a book - still The Binding as I got a little sidetracked yesterday and listened to the audiobook of The Midnight Library by Matt Haig. I found it for free on BBC Sounds, only available for another four days so I took the opportunity to listen to it while I had the time. There are plenty of other audiobooks on this site, all free, so will go back to have a good look at some stage.

This evening I have a ticket to an online talk on the poisons that were found in Victorian medicines. It's another freebie!

Comments

  1. I think you will enjoy walking around outdoors in a different area. After spending so many hours in our homes seeing different views is a joy. I drove my dog Bounce to an area along the ocean and I enjoyed the change in scene. I also took a photo of a dog bench which will be my next post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's raining hard so no walk but I may take the scenic drive home!

      Delete
  2. I hope your blood test and blood pressure check results will be good and you will not be required to go for another in person visit to the surgery for the rest of this year! Hope you get to walk around the park, too, and enjoy the scenery. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed. It's too wet for a walk so will take the car for a drive instead 😊

      Delete
  3. The walk should be lovely and fingers crossed for the tests. Hopefully you have nicer weather than we do here.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, we don't ... it's pouring down. I'm waiting in the surgery car park and there's no sign of it easing up!

      Delete
  4. Oh that talk about poison in Victorian medicines sounds fascinating. I took the virtual tour earlier this year of the deadliest garden in England (which I think is at Arundel Castle). All the plants are poisonous although many had some bases for modern medicine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Alnwick Castle & the garden is considered the deadliest in the world.

      Delete
    2. The Poison Garden is in Alnwick Castle (where they filmed some of Harry Potter!). I do find talks like this fascinating and I promise not to practice what I learn 🤣

      Delete
  5. I loved the gardens at Alnwick Castle.We are not allowed to drive anywhere unless it is essential and can only walk from home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our rules are much the same but you are permitted to drive for medical treatment, which is what today was, and for food etc.

      Alnwick is on my list to revisit one day. We holidayed in that area about 15 years ago and fitted in a bit of a rushed visit to the castle but I'd love to have the time to look around properly

      Delete
  6. I haven't listened to any online talks for months, but managed one by a local Sussex wildlife group. Really enjoyed it. Your Victorian poisons one sounds excellent. ARilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed the poisons one. Unfortunately it's not available to view again - the company doesn't publish any of their free talks, only the ones you pay to attend.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts