Monday 28th February

59/365: left hand practice yesterday, trying to play the
Alberti bass at the correct speed!

Where has this month gone to? It's the 1st of March tomorrow ... this year is really whizzing by!

I had a lovely relaxing weekend and now feel ready to face the week ahead. The forecast isn't looking too promising - lower temperatures and rain every day - so I think it's an ideal opportunity to get on with the decluttering. I'm doing well on the 'finding things to go' front but am not doing as well on the 'disposal' side of things, so no prizes for guessing what my focus will be this week. I'm setting aside a couple of hours every morning to deal with it and in my mind I have a sort of production line set up ... photograph the item, place the advert straight away, photograph the next item and so on. At least by organising it this way I will get some adverts placed every day, which is what I need to achieve.

L is coming to lunch today. We both fancy going to the cinema so our plan is to see which screen our chosen film is in and have a look at how many seats have been sold. We both want to watch Uncharted starring Tom Holland and Mark Wahlberg so are keeping our fingers crossed that the 3pm screening will be fairly quiet - the schools don't finish that early and the Odeon is advertising it as a 'saver' viewing which I think means that there will be seats left unsold to allow for some social distancing. We've agreed that we'll only go if we're both happy with the arrangements ... another step back to normality, not without a bit of anxiety but I am excited about it.

Comments

  1. February is a short month and always goes by too quickly for me! I'm glad you had a relaxing weekend. Good luck with getting the decluttered items sold. Sorry to hear the weather will be cold and wet, but, it sounds like you won't let that get in the way of being productive. Enjoy your lunch date with L and good luck with the visit to the cinema. Weekday afternoons should be less crowded, I'd think. Hope you have a lovely day, Eileen. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless, I had a lovely time with L today and we did go to the cinema.

      I have plenty to do indoors so the weather won't bother me too much this week. I did a bit of the decluttering today, at least making a start.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the Alberti bass practise. I used to find them a bit tricky too - keeping them even with correct emphasis and maintaining the harmony clearly took plenty of thought. It was too easy to over-pedal and get a great smudge of sound.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's slowly getting better! I keep accenting every other note when they shouldn't be accented at all so I'm back to slow practice to try to sort it out. I do like it, which helps, and fortunately there is no pedalling on this piece so one less thing to have to deal with! xx

      Delete
  3. That's exactly my problem too, finding things to go but the disposal side not so easy. Your plan to list a few each day seems the best way to go so you don't feel overwhelmed by it all. Enjoy your lunch and cinema visit if it goes ahead today, fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I placed a few adverts today so have made a start. I think I will also try Freecycle to see if anyone is interested in some of the items I want to get rid of ... I may be lucky.

      Lunch with L was great and we went to the cinema as well, so all good! x

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a good balanced day is planned. The disposing of the decluttering has been my biggest challenge, but I have now sourced a few donations charities that I am comfortable with & close enough to easily drive to Checking the weather & it looks like a big donation day will be Thursday this week. For us there is one large item (sofa) that needs the professionals to pick up, so off I go to arrange that. It feels good to get the stuff sorted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite a few of the charity shops are inundated with donations so I need to be more creative about how I dispose of things. I'm trying Freecycle next to see if that works. Good luck with getting rid of your sofa!

      Delete
  5. Lovely plans for your Monday. We're having sunny skies and warm temperatures today so after a walk in the sun with my friend I'm spending the afternoon on my balcony.

    Enjoy your lunch with L and the cinema! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A walk followed by a relaxing afternoon on your balcony sounds perfect and I hope you've enjoyed yourself.

      We had a great afternoon at the cinema.

      Delete
  6. You sound very purposeful. I hope you get to see Uncharted safely. It sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we did get to see the film and enjoyed it. There weren't many people there and it felt safe to both of us. I'll keep to myself if possible for a few days just to be sure, but I think it was probably less risky than going to the cafe.

      Delete
  7. I hope you and your friend get to see the movie in a nearly empty theater. While most things are back to normal here like church and restaurants, the theater near us doesn't seem to be getting its business back, I fear it may close soon. But in the meantime, we have seen a couple of movies with maximized social distance.

    I am doing well on the deciding on things to declutter side too, and mostly successful on the getting it out of the house as hubby has been happy to drop off donation boxes time and again. But my stack of things to sell on eBay is getting high, and like you I have been slow with the photographing and listing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cinema wasn't too busy so we bought tickets and enjoyed the film. The local theatres all seem to be doing okay in terms of audience size so hopefully that will continue to be the case.

      Good luck in getting your items sold on eBay. I have loads of adverts to place but my attention keeps wandering and I find more enjoyable things to do ... placing adverts is boring but it has to be done. I'll get on and do it if you will!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts