Thursday 24th February

55/365: new growth on the spirea

I ventured out of the house yesterday. It felt like a bit of an adventure even though I was only walking around town to look for circle photos for my monthly photo challenge. Although I was walking along familiar streets, the need to look for a specific shape makes you see past the familiar and look at the detail, so I feel I have seen parts of buildings that I don't remember ever noticing before. I topped of my day by meeting J for coffee and a chat. This was a last minute arrangement but it feels like a huge step back towards normality that we were able to do this. All in all it was a good day!

Today the only thing in the diary is the Indian cookery class at 1pm - Paneer Tikka & Pickled Lime Onion Salad - so I'll probably spend some time editing my circle photos from yesterday or, do another photo walk to look for some more images for the WPSH.

Comments

  1. Those new leaves look like the petals of a flower!

    I'm so glad that you were able to go for a walk to take your photos and then, meet up with a friend for coffee and a chat! I heard on the news that all Covid restrictions have been lifted in the UK; I hope it all works out well! Hope your day goes well and you have fun, either editing your photos or looking for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt good to be out and about and it was warm enough to wear a jacket instead of a heavy winter coat. Meeting with J is always good fun.

      The removal of all restrictions is worrying but we do have to learn to live with Covid as it isn't going away, so I will continue with my cautious approach and choose only those activities that feel safe to me.

      It'll be an indoor day ... it's raining and cold!

      Delete
  2. Spring is definitely sprunging, isn't it? Lovely.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is. You saying "sprunging" reminded me of this ...

      Spring is sprung, the grass is riz,
      I wonder where the birdies is.
      The birdies is upon the wing ...
      But that's absurd ...
      I thought the wing was on the bird! 😂😂 xx

      Delete
  3. All that does some like life returning to some kind of familiar :)

    Your close up photo of the spirea new growth made me think of daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see what you mean about the spirea making you think of daffodils! The spirea growth is still really tiny, about 1 cm across, not that it actually gets very big when full grown.

      Time will tell whether the removal of all Covid restrictions is the right way to go but we do have to regain some normality, just take it slowly and keep evaluating the risk.

      Delete
  4. Lovely flower! I love the colours.

    I think that's the thing I like about photography - I notice little things that I didn't used to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, over the years, photography has definitely made me more observant.

      Delete
  5. It's good to look closely at photographs and really see what you don't always see with the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm often surprised by the details I've captured in a photo which I just didn't notice when I pressed the shutter!

      Delete
  6. I've been looking out for circles as well - it's been tricky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I struggled to start with and then I started to see them everywhere. Good luck with your hunting. x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts