Wednesday 2nd February

33/365: a quick phone photo
I managed to do all the housework I wanted to do yesterday. Most of my time was taken up with returning everything to its proper place. Over the last two years too many things seemed to have migrated to the living room making it looked cluttered and it was getting me down, so I got my act together and sorted it out. About 90% of it had to go back upstairs, which was a test for the old knees but I got it done and it looks so much better. I did most of the actual cleaning the day before which is just as well as the hoover has now died a death and I had to finish off the living room carpet with the carpet sweeper. Once the living room was finished I turned my attention to the downstairs cloakroom, gave that a good clean and discovered that the sink plug isn't working (it's a pop up plug that no longer pops up or down!) so I need to get that looked at as well. I have a feeling that it's going to be an expensive year!

Today should be a busy, but fun day. It should start with the Nutrition club this morning but it looks like that today's session may be cancelled so I'll use the time to pick up the bits of shopping I need. My piano lesson is later this morning and then I have a gap before meeting J for coffee mid afternoon. 

Tonight, my friend's youngest daughter is calling in to see me on her way home from work, before she moves out of the area on Saturday. I think it'll be a flying visit as she still has lots to pack, but we'll have time for a coffee at least and I'll get to say goodbye and wish her well for her new job. 

Just a reminder that I'll post the next WPSH link up at the weekend.

Comments

  1. Those flowers are beautiful. Well done with the housework.
    Have a good time with your young friend.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy, they're lasting really well. The house is visitor ready and I'm waiting for my first one to arrive 😊 xx

      Delete
  2. Your flowers are beautiful. Us Eileens must be jinxed, your hoover and sink plug and my washing machine! Sounds like you have a good day planned and enjoyable for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. I'm sure we're jinxed ... today the toaster has given up working! They say things come in threes so hopefully that's the last thing for me.

      It's been a lovely day and should be a good evening ... I'm waiting for my visitor to arrive.

      Delete
  3. Pretty flowers. Happy 2's day - 02/02/22. Thanks for the WPSH heads up ... I think this time I will have some resutls :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy 2s day to you too. I have some photos to show for WPSH this time as well.

      Delete
  4. I smiled at your beginning "I managed to do all the housework I wanted to do yesterday." I can say that most days, as most days it is zip. ;-)

    Lovely blooms - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm busy working out how I can eliminate housework from my life ... I never want to do it! 😊

      Delete
  5. Beautiful flowers again!! Congratulations on completing your housework. You must feel very happy.
    I'm sure you had an enjoyable piano lesson this morning:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irune. I am glad to get all the housework done, especially now the living room has been returned to being a place to relax.

      I really enjoyed the piano lesson this morning ... it went well 😊

      Delete
  6. Lovely flowers! You take beautiful phone pictures, too! :) Glad to read that you did all the housework you wanted done! I wish I could say the same, but, I made a start and I am content with that!

    Sounds like you've had a very good day. Glad the piano lesson went well and I hope your visit with your friend's daughter goes well, too. :) Enjoy being able to have a visitor or two. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I still have the kitchen to finish off and upstairs to do, but the living room and cloakroom are presentable for visitors, which is what I wanted to achieve.

      I had a lovely day. The music lesson was good and I spent the evening in the company of my friend's daughter which was the perfect end to the day. It felt good to actually invite one of the important people in my life back into my home.

      Delete
  7. I hope your knee isn't complaining too much after all that! Hope that the piano lesson rocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could have been worse but I was able to walk/hobble slowly! The piano lesson was great!

      Delete
  8. Those are some beautiful flowers for a phone photo! Hope you had a good visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. Yes, it was a very good visit which I really enjoyed.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts