Weekly Reflections


51/365: relaxing on a cold and wet Saturday afternoon

Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • phoning, texting and emailing with family and friends
  • spending a delightful couple of hours getting to know my youngest great nephew, and ...
  • ... being gifted a photo book of him
  • loving my new garden fence
  • being excited about the signs of spring in the garden
  • enjoying a visit from J with her granddaughter, Little Miss P
  • chatting with H when she visited and agreeing a much better way of taking her photography challenge forward
  • seeing L & P for the first time in absolutely ages when they surprised me by visiting in person  
  • receiving genuine offers of help from neighbours
  • enjoying the challenge of playing the piano music to the exam standard
  • planning the next lot of changes in the garden
  • having a migraine free week!


I am grateful ...
  • that family and friends are reporting little or no damage following Storm Eunice
  • for central heating!
  • for the opportunities that are opening up for me


Lifestyle changes
  • exercise: 
    • daily walk. Achieved, but only doing a 10 minute walk every day
    • daily knee strengthening. Achieved, but currently only doing 10 minutes every day
  • weight: no change

Comments

  1. You have lots of good reasons to be cheerful, sounds like you had a very good week. Your new fence looks great and you have wonderful family, friends and neighbours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. It wasn't the sort of week I'd planned but was improved immensely by meeting up with family and friends.

      Delete
  2. That looks so lovely and cosy. Isn't it wonderful that we can spend the weekend resting, reading, cross stitching, watching telly, whatever we like, without having to think about work for the following week. Of all the things I appreciate about no longer working, I think taking back ownership of the weekend is one of the biggest.
    It's been a good week for you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with you. Regaining my weekends to do exactly what I want to do is probably top of my list for the best bits of retirement. xx

      Delete
  3. Even if you didn't spend the week doing quite what you had planned to do, you still found a lot of things to be cheerful and grateful about. It sounds like a good week to spend time with family and friends. Hope you'll have some good weather in the new week and you've have even more reasons to be cheerful and grateful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a really good week thanks Bless. I'm having to get used to having visitors at home again but I am enjoying the changes. I suppose the lockdowns have affected me more than I'd thought and I'm just so used to being on my own!

      We're dealing with another storm today but the weather is supposed to improves towards the end of the week.

      Delete
  4. Sending hugs and good vibes for your knee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyssa. It's slowly improving but I still haven't been able to see my doctor about it.

      Delete
  5. Nice lists. I love that photo! It's a great one with a unique perspective.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts