Thursday 3rd February

34/365: more flowers!

Yesterday was just lovely and I really enjoyed everything that I did. The piano lesson went well, so well that we've agreed that I'll benefit from having a longer lesson each week so from next week I'll have 45 minutes instead of 30 minutes. Ideally it should be for an hour but that's not possible until C reviews her teaching schedule and moves some lessons around. I'm also making a start on one of the exam pieces, which is the prima part in a duet and which replaces the standard aural tests in the online exams.

I met J for coffee which was great fun as always. We met in Sainsbury's café and talked for so long that they closed the café around us and left us to continue our chat! On the way out of the store I gave into temptation and treated myself to a new jumper, a t-shirt, and a shirt ... just because! The evening was set aside for a visit from my friend's daughter. She'd said that she couldn't stay long and didn't want any food but ended up staying for 2½ hours, which was great. I've heard all about her new job and where she'll be living, and will hopefully see her again on visits back here to see her Mum, although I have no idea when that will be. We're also going to meet in London for a theatre trip whenever that feels safe.

Today it's the Indian cookery class but will probably miss the end as L is coming to lunch today. The time is a bit flexible as it depends when she can leave work, but she'll be round as soon as she can. I haven't seen her for ages so am looking forward to catching up with all the news. 

The rest of the day will be filled with piano, family tree research, and hopefully a chat with my sister.

Comments

  1. No aural tests. What a shame - I used to love those!
    New clothes - good for you! Just because is a great reason.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always considered the aural tests to be easy points! There is an option to do what's called a 'listening' test where a note is sounded and you have to sing it back but that's all.

      I have to exchange the clothes for a smaller size 😀 xx

      Delete
  2. The word idyllic comes to mind in reading about your yesterday. Meeting one & one eases you back into social groups while maintaining your confidence it is safe to do, plus you get to give & receive undivided attention. Some treats in the form of clothes & I read you have to take back ... just might be the Universe saying "Eileen, there are some other things you need". Hope you enjoy today's visit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt comfortable meeting my friends both in the café and at home, so now feel a bit more confidant to arrange some similar meets ... the first tiny steps to opening up my life.

      There are several other things I genuinely need but I will still keep the clothes, just swap them for a smaller size. 😊

      Delete
  3. It's great that you can meet up with people. That chat in Sainsburys sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meeting with friends was definitely just what I needed. We can talk for England when we get together 😊

      Delete
  4. What a lovely day you had yesterday! And today lunch with L... You are having a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was brilliant, and lunch with L today was just as good. x

      Delete
  5. Yesterday was a lovely day for you and you're making plans to meet in London, sounds wonderful. New clothes too, I don't blame you treating yourself just because.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday was great. I don't know when we'll actually feel it's okay to watch a show in London, definitely not in the next two or three months, but it is on the cards.

      I don't really enjoy clothes shopping so I was really pleased to find 3 items I like, even though I do have to take them back to swap them for a smaller size.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you've had two great days, back to back! How lovely is that? I'm glad you were able to find some clothes that you liked and how wonderful to read that you have to exchange them for a smaller size! All that hard work you put in, making changes to your diet, etc., are paying off! Hope you are having a wonderful evening, today, and hope you have a lovely day, tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been great and I feel like I've recharged my batteries. Needing smaller sizes in the clothing was the icing on the cake 😊

      Back to my usual schedule tomorrow but it should still be a good day. Hope it's the same for you too x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts