Weekly Reflections

37/365: new growth on one of the climbing roses

Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • phoning, texting and emailing with family and friends
  • spending a couple of hours with LJH and hearing all her plans as she prepares to move out of the area to start a new job
  • enjoying a laughter filled lunch with L
  • that I've actually invited friends back into my home ... not without some anxiety, but well worth it for the impact on my mental health
  • playing the piano, and increasing the length of my lessons, as well as ...
  • ... starting to work on some of the exam pieces
  • shopping in person and making my own choices 
  • treating myself to some new clothes, and ...
  • ... needing to exchange them for a smaller size!
  • making the effort to tidy the living room and putting all the stuff back where it belonged was long overdue and it's returned the room to the relaxing space I both wanted and needed it to be


I am grateful ...
  • for informative articles on the internet that help me clarify my thoughts 
  • for online ordering and delivery of prescription medication
  • that the latest family members to test positive for Covid have now all recovered 


Lifestyle changes
  • exercise: 
    • 30 minutes daily walk. On hold while my knee heals
    • 20 minutes daily knee strengthening. On hold while my knee heals
  • weight: 1 lb gain!

Comments

  1. We commented on the roses in the park during our walk yesterday - plenty of new growth showing. I always find it so exciting, this miracle of early spring/late winter.

    Woo hoo and well done for needing a smaller size - fantastic!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love looking out for all the signs of Spring but we still have a while to wait yet!

      I think it's only my top half that needs a smaller size, still have to work on losing the tummy, but it's a definite reason to be cheerful! xx

      Delete
  2. It really does feel that life is returning to normal and being able to enjoy company in your own home and having a laugh is joyful. We haven't had a bad Winter so far and it feels like Spring will soon be here and so lovely to see that new growth on your climbing rose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't realised just how much I missed laughing like that. I suppose I've just got used to my own company since the start of the pandemic, but there's a different feeling now and I do think that life is returning to some semblance of 'normal' for the majority.

      Delete
  3. Love all your reasons for being cheerful and grateful this week. That 1 lb. weight gain is probably due to being unable to exercise due to your knee; you'll soon lose that once you are able to go on your long walks, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. The 1 lb gain might have been the lack of exercise or it might have been the huge takeaway!! I've found some new exercises to try out, just 10 minutes a day, so hope to see some results before too long.

      Delete
  4. Those are great reasons to be cheerful, especially changing the clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyssa, exchanging the clothes for a smaller size really made me smile x

      Delete
  5. How good you needed a smaller size!
    Enjoy the new week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irune. The weight loss isn't happening as quickly as I'd like but it's evident in the reduced measurements, so I'm happy. Hope your week is a good one too x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts