Tuesday 22nd February

53/365: a bud from the cream rose!

Yesterday was a bit of an odd day. I started sorting the patio pots but the wind was awful and I started to feel really out of sorts, so gave up and came back indoors ... apparently this was Storm Franklin, blasting us with wind gusts of up to 40 mph! I felt fine after sitting for a while with a hot drink in the calm of the living room, so carried on with bits and bobs indoors instead. One plus is that I had the time to do some extra piano practice and have managed to overcome the fingering problems in the bars of music I was struggling to play properly. I still had the takeaway I'd promised myself even though I didn't finish sorting the pots ... Thai green curry. 

Today I'm hoping to see Joy this morning, and G will be here early this afternoon to cut my hair. After that I'd like to carry on sorting out the pots as the forecast isn't very promising for later in the week - apparently Storm Gladys is on her way! If that's doesn't work out I'll spend some time listing the next lot of items for sale.

Comments

  1. Oh no not another storm on the way. Best thing to do was abandon moving the pots in the wind, it was dreadful here. Absolutely you deserved your treat of Thai green curry that's one of my favourites too. Have a good day, hopefully the weather will be kinder today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems neverending with all these storms doesn't it but I don't think Gladys is expected to be too bad. I don't know why I even attempted to empty the pots on that sort of wind!

      The green curry was delicious - I'm going to have to learn how to cook it myself. It's a much nicer day today. I've just got back from meeting with Joy and I indulged in a hot chocolate and cheese scone 😀

      Delete
  2. Another strom - blimey! Maybe I won't move my stuff out of the shed just yet.

    The bud is beautiful.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably best to leave it packed away for now.

      The bud was broken off in the wind so I 've brought it indoors to see if it will open. xx

      Delete
  3. I think the weather can affect us in all sorts of ways. I honestly believe that air pressure changes, like you get with high winds, can make you feel off. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was a combination of the wind pressure and forgetting to take my tablets on Sunday. I feel fine now though and thanks for the hugs 😀

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photo of the cream rose bud - oh what's to come of that beauty! Yes the weather is playing up here too, now we have rain in the forecast, up to 25cm, which on top of the frozen ground has no where to go, so flood warnings & watches are out. Planning activities is difficult because of the weather. Hopefully Gladys isn't in a mood & will just glance by. I think we should start to name our storms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our weather is getting me down but its nowhere near as bad as yours. Is your home in danger of being flooded out or are you on higher ground?

      I don't think Gladys is supposed to be as bad but it's all relative isn't it so fingers crossed that there is very little damage for anyone.

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear that there's another storm on the way!

    What a pretty rose bud! It's a shame the winds broke it, but, I hope it will open up for you. I'm glad you left the pots in place and came inside when you started to feel out of sorts. Glad you felt better, afterwards and the Thai green curry sounds delicious!

    Sounds like you've had a good morning, today; hope your afternoon went well, too, and you are having a good evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the end I realised that I'd messed up my daily meds and hadn't taken the previous day's doses which explains how I was feeling. All back to normal now though. The Thai green curry was delicious!

      Delete
  6. Hope you escape the worst of the storm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we did. I think this area got off lightly compared to the storm damage in other places

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts