Wednesday 16th February

47/365: progress on day 2
Despite the rain, the fencing is almost finished. Neighbour S was at home yesterday so he helped with the labouring and they made really good progress. He'll be back today to fit the last two panels and that's it ... all done. It looks very orange at the moment but that's because it's new wood and is completely saturated, but it will eventually fade to a lovely greyish brown and, best of all, the wood has been pressure treated so I won't need to paint it or to use any preservative on it in the future.

I managed to do my piano and Italian practice sessions yesterday morning but that was all I ticked off the list ... I'm not complaining but have pretty much abandoned any thoughts of doing any work this week. H turned up late morning and left for her home at about 9 pm, so I had a lovely day chatting and putting the world to rights but achieved nothing in the way of productive activities! 

H wanted to talk through her photography challenge. I won't bore you with her reasons but she has decided to abandon the group idea and plans to work with the three of us individually. She knows that I have already completed the course and wasn't sure what I'd think of the change but to be honest, the group idea wasn't working for me and I much prefer the opportunity to revise the topics in the workbook at a speedier pace. I think the four of us will still meet up from time to time which will be nice, and I'd like to keep in touch with the other two.

Today, in addition to the fencing work, it's the nutrition club - the topic is 'Eating Out & Menu Choices' - and that's followed by my piano lesson. This afternoon I need to check my tyre pressures and will fill up the petrol tank while I'm there, then a quick shopping trip to pick up some milk and juice ready for J and P's visit tomorrow. 

Comments

  1. Wow! The new fence is almost completed! That was fast! It looks nice and once the wood has had time to weather, it will make a lovely backdrop to your plants. Sounds like you had a nice long visit with H and you've found a good way to proceed with your photography project with her. I hope you have a good day and the piano lesson goes well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised at how quickly it's all come together. I think he'll be finished by lunch time easily.

      I'm happy about the change of direction with H's photo challenge and think it'll work out well. The piano lesson is later this morning so I will fit in a last minute panic practice to try to improve a couple of dodgy bits! I hope you have a good day too x

      Delete
  2. It looks absolutely brilliant. Such a difference and much more worry free now.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The garden has a different 'feel' already and I love it. Definitely worry free now ... it hasn't moved an inch in the strong winds!!

      Delete
  3. What a difference that fence makes & being pressure treated will ensure a longer life for the fence. Our fence is pressure treated & it is surprising how quickly that "glow" fades. Plus your climbers are fairly well established so will quickly cover a lot of the fence :) Glad to hear that you & H & a smaller group are continuing with the photo challenge. I've joined a F/B 1/365 Day photo group to help with some motivation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really pleased with our choice of fencing, it looks good and is definitely a strong structure. The climbers will soon cover most of the fence and I think there will be enough room to introduce some more.

      Good luck with your FB photo group. Is that the Fat Mum Slim one?

      Delete
    2. No it's called 2022 365Picture Today

      I like the name of the one you mentioned, Fat Mum Slim

      Delete
  4. Hi Eileen,
    I really like your fence! It is strong and the color is beautiful in natural tone.
    Glad you had a visit from your friend and it took up part of your day. It's good to talk to friends.
    I hope that your projects go as you intend and everything goes as smoothly as possible.
    Hugs.
    Ailime
    (I have been looking at the flowers below and they are all very beautiful).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fence is finished now and it looks so good.

      I enjoyed spending all that time with my friend yesterday. Talking face to face rather than via Zoom is so much better.

      I was able to do everything I wanted to today, despite the bad weather.

      Delete
  5. Gosh!That is quite a fence.Good job you don’t have to paint it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely be paying someone if it did have to be painted!

      Delete
  6. The fence is looking amazing. Fingers crossed it will last a good few years.

    I think that spending a day recharging with good company can be as productive as ticking of a long list of tasks. It sets you up for further challenges and tops up the batteries.

    Take care in the weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should last 25 to 30 years.

      That's a good way of looking at it. Well I'll be recharging my batteries for the rest of the week 😂

      Delete
  7. I love your new fence. It will look lovely with the climbers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irune. I'm pleased with it and am keeping my fingers crossed that there may be room for a few more climbers!

      Delete
  8. Oh wow the fence looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon, I'm happy with how it looks.

      Delete
  9. Your fence is looking good. We have similar fencing that doesn't need painting or preservatives and that definitely is a bonus. I could tell you about our neighbour who has painted our fence on their side without a word to us even though we paid for it so we are not best pleased especially as their child now climbs on it grrr...rant over :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I won't have those sort of problems with my neighbours as we share ownership of the fence. That's a nuisance for you though.

      Delete
  10. That worked out well and I bet it smells nice too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just smells damp at the moment ... everything is drenched!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts