Wednesday 23rd February

 

54/365: blue sky

There was break in the weather yesterday with a slight rise in temperature, a little sunshine and a blue sky to cheer us up. It cheered me up anyway! 

I met Joy at the garden centre café and for once didn't buy any plants. I did indulge in a hot chocolate and a cheese scone, neither of which I should really have with a dairy allergy, but ... the temptation was too great and I did enjoy them. I'll need to be careful and be strict about what I eat for the next few day, but it was worth it! We also agreed a morning out so that's something else to look forward to in the diary.

G came in the afternoon to cut my hair so I now feel human again. It must be that time of year again when people are deciding on their DIY plans for the year and we're no exceptions - I have my garden plans and G is wanting to have her bathroom updated so we shared layouts and phone photos of ideas. 

The rest of the day was fairly quiet. I could and should have got on with the pots but I didn't. Instead I opted for a relaxing time catching up with some snail mail letter writing to penfriends and listening to music. 

This morning it's the online nutrition club but it's a recap on demystifying labels so I may give it a miss as we tackled that subject fairly recently. That should be followed by my piano lesson but it's half term so C has opted to take a break, which means that the rest of the day is free to do whatever I want. It's supposed to be another nice day so I'll take advantage of that and go out for a walk, even if it's only over to the canal.  

Comments

  1. It was still windy here yesterday but dry so that was a blessing, a break in the awful weather we've been having is bound to cheer us up. The pots will wait for another day no doubt about it. Enjoy your walk or whatever you decide to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spent some time taking photos for my monthly challenge and then met friend J for coffee and a chat. It's been a good day and I hope it was as good for you.

      Delete
  2. After all the whirlwind of activity you've had, it sounds like you are catching your breath before getting back into the fray. It sounds a really successful day to me with lots achieved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel in need of taking things a bit easier for a while but things are still getting done so I'm not beating myself up about it, so overall I'm happy!

      Delete
  3. A social day with friends is such an antidote to the bad weather blahs. I am so tired of having to plan/cancel things based on the weather which unfortunately is sometimes just not avoidable. Well done you not buying any plants or more pots (yet). Yes sometimes a food treat is needed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had another social day today and another foodie treat ... blueberry muffin! I didn't even look at the plants, so maybe my plant buying gene doesn't wake up until it gets warmer!

      Delete
  4. Isn't that sky gorgeous. So lovely to see the sun a bit more after so many days of storms.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had another good day, with more socializing and treats! Enjoy the nice weather while it lasts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a lovely day today thanks Bless ... one of those days where everything comes together for a day filled with laughter and friendship.

      At the moment the forecast is for sunny days for the next two week. Let's hope they've got that right!

      Delete
  6. I love that sky!

    Cheese scones. Yum. My sister makes some lovely ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cheese scones but can only have one occasionally as a treat because of the dairy .... it's worth the risk of triggering a migraine!

      Delete
  7. There is something about a haircut that can set us straight isn't there. I am envious of all those blue skies; it's been gray here for days and days, and the temperature is yo-yo-ing up and down in a very unhealthy way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is and lately the visits from G to cut my hair have become something of a social event as well.

      It's so lovely to see blue skies again but it is deceiving as it's very cold out and temperatures are down to a high of 9°C and it's raining on most days.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts