WPSH 1st Selection

Here's my first lot of photos for this year's WPSH.  

No 2| a star


No 3| something you use every day ... cutlery, but I chose to only use forks in the photograph


No 6| currency ... coins of the realm



No 14| a tea break/coffee break ... taken the last time I met J for coffee



No 15| an external light
... taken from my front door, one of the street lamps in the Close


No 16| half ... an apple!


No 17| wheels ... LJH's favourite toy horse when she was a toddler


No 19 | a decoration ... military decorations on display in the local museum


 No 20| small ... the tiny Russian doll


Alt C| squares ... on a Rubik cube



I still have 13 more to find but there's still plenty of time. The next link up will be at the end of February so keep hunting. The hunt doesn't end until March 31st so there is still time to join in if you want to.

 

  1. Party time!
  2. A Star
  3. Something you use every day
  4. Form or shape
  5. Diagonal
  6. Currency
  7. A rainbow
  8. In profile
  9. A single letter of the alphabet
  10. Tree(s)
  11. Represent your zodiac sign or your Chinese year animal
  12. Symbolic of the country you call home
  13. Graffiti/Street Art
  14. A tea break/coffee break
  15. An external light
  16. Half
  17. Wheel(s)
  18. A gift
  19. A decoration
  20. Small

Alt A. Free choice
Alt B. The weather today
Alt C. Square(s)

Comments

  1. Some great close up photos ... I like your star with the bokeh colours behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I likeyour photos especially the forks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very arty! I like pretty much all of them but the weeny Russian doll is my favourite. I nearly missed her! I was thinking the scale of the horse was really hard to understand, but now the penny has dropped that it's not for riding on, even by toddlers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lady Ella. I dropped the tiniest Russian doll when I was deciding where to place it and it took me ages to find ... it's only about 6mm tall. The horse is about 5 inches tall, so definitely not for riding ... she used it like a toy car!

      Delete
    2. Glad you found her! Are they wooden, or moulded?

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photos! You are a great photographer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irune, that's a really kind thing to say x

      Delete
  5. I love the pictures. I think my favourite is the forks but the star is also pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyssa. I may re-do the star one, but I was pleased with how the forks looked.

      Delete
  6. Wonderful photos! I love the forks - I'd never have thought to photograph them quite that way! So clever! I like No. 15, too - very atmospheric with the wet roads. But, I think my favorite is the apple! It looks like a very sad face, looking at the seed that has fallen out! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I like photographing cutlery, trying to see them as interesting shapes with lines, shadows, and reflections. Next time I take some I'll post them on the blog for you to see.

      I hadn't spotted the sad face in the apple but now you've pointed it out, that's all I can see! 😊

      Delete
  7. Wonderful photos! I really like the bokeh you got with the first one. The colours are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I used a string of micro LED fairy lights to get the bright colours for the bokeh effect.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts