Friday 11th February

42/365: I love this pink!
I've been able to add a few more social events to the diary. Joy saved my bacon and called round first thing yesterday with a birthday card I needed urgently - I'd forgotten my brother's birthday and Joy sells Flamingo Paperie cards - it's so useful to have friends like this 😁. We've agreed to meet up either this Tuesday or next, depending on whether I need to stay at home for the fencer, and also to have a look around Edington Priory together one Monday later in the month. I've also arranged to meet J for lunch or coffee, and the same with L as well as a film night. H has scheduled another camera meet for this weekend to try to overcome the resistance from her friend to move on. It'll be via Zoom again as the other lady in Winchester has just tested positive for Covid but we will arrange to meet in person as soon as she feels well again. Oh, and I should be seeing Baby R some time over the weekend.

I was able to move 21 pots yesterday, which leaves another 16 to be moved ready for Monday. I can probably shift a few more but the majority will have to wait for my nephew or neighbour to flex their muscles ... I know my limits. I also made a bit of space in the garage - the plan is for the fencer to leave all the new panels, posts and gravel boards in S's garage but I've made more space in mine, just in case. It needed to be done anyway and there is still plenty to sort through/move around in there, but it'll do for now. 

Today should be a quieter day. I'll do a bit in the garden and there is the Nutrition Focus online class dealing with nutrition for heart health, but that's it. The rest of the day is to do as I please so that'll definitely be some piano practice and probably some reading, but nothing too strenuous as I'm a bit achy from shifting all those pots yesterday. 

Comments

  1. I didn't say yesterday but I think it's a great idea to work on the piano technique using pieces you really love to play rather than set pieces.
    Well done for getting that space cleared. Moving pots is very hard work.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad we've made the change. At the moment I'll be restricted to possible exam pieces but once that's over and done with, I can start on the Les Mis and Harry Potter music!

      I slept well after moving all those pots yesterday. Hopefully I'll be able to get the rest moved today ... if my nephew is able to help. xx

      Delete
  2. Too funny about forgetting your brother's birthday, but, glad you were able to get a card for him! Sounds like you will have a full diary in the coming days, after all! Lots to look forward to! That's a lot of pots to move! Hope your knee is OK after all that work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His card will still arrive on time for his birthday, I just didn't have time to go shopping for one so Joy saved the day!

      Yes, there's plenty in the diary now so that should keep me out of mischief for a while.

      My knee aches today so I will have to be careful. I'm hoping to get the rest of the pots moved today, with help, and then deal with the climbers on Sunday.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for letting me in to have a look at your beautiful piano, I love it, and can't wait to hear you play my favourite Mozart piano concerto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I can play it now but it'll be the Eric Morecambe version - all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order!

      Delete
  4. Once the fence is done, it will be nice for you to sort pots and get garden looking good again, ready for all the summer colour to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the timing has worked out well. I've moved all the pots to one side of the patio so the fencer has room to work and that side of the patio can be power washed and re-grouted before the pots are moved back and then the rest of the patio can be sorted out.

      Delete
  5. What a great blend of time yesterday, the to do's & the want to do's. Nice that you got to show off your new piano to Joy. I've seen her paper products online & oh my so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice balance of work and play yesterday and today should be the same.

      The Flamingo Paperie products are excellent quality and lovely designs. I've always been pleased with the things I bought in the past.

      Delete
  6. That was a lot of hard work for you in the garden and I'm glad you're getting he;p to move the remaining pots. Your garden is going to look really lovely once it's all sorted and you'll be amazed at the difference the new fence will make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I moved most of the other ones today and my neighbour moved the ones that were too heavy for me. He's going to help me with quite a few other projects I have planned for the garden as well but they'll be later in the year.

      I'm excited about the changes that will happen this year. By the end of the year it should look very different, the fence is just the start!

      Delete
  7. I'm not sure that I should be thanking you for the link to Flamingo Paperie. I can see me spending far too much there! I hope that you are taking care of that knee while you move things around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, sorry if I've been a bad influence, but they do have some lovely cards.

      My knee is aching from the effort of moving the pots but it's not too bad and a restful weekend should see me right. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts