Thursday 10th March

69/365: they're supposed to be a mix of purple and yellow, but no sign of any yellow ones at all!
I'm counting yesterday as a success. My piano lesson went really well and I played much better than I'd managed in practice, even the tricky bits. I've got to the stage where I can play all three pieces and the scales, duet, and technical exercises, so now need to bring them up to the exam standard. I'm not sure how long that'll take but I'm still enjoying playing all the pieces so will stick at it ... usually by this stage I'm thoroughly sick of the exam music so this is turning out to be a completely new experience.

I spent the afternoon in the kitchen and now the freezer is stocked with a selection of homemade meals. I want to do one more batch cooking session and then I'll have enough meals, and importantly enough variety, to keep me going for a while. 

I have two things in the diary for today. It's the Indian cookery at 1pm and today's recipe is Kacha Maach Bati (Steamed Bengali Fish Curry). I don't have all the ingredients for it so will pop into Sainsbury's later on to pick up what I need. I'm going into town anyway to meet J for coffee, so that's the rest of the afternoon accounted for ... we tend to forget the time when we get together!

I'm looking forward to a quiet evening curled up with a good book. My Kindle seems to have died a death so it will have to be a 'proper' book ... there's plenty of choice in the bookcase thanks to my sister's generosity, so it's not a problem. 

Comments

  1. The flowers are beautiful, even if the yellow ones haven't shown up, yet! Well done on the piano lessons and progress made on your pieces! Good job doing the bulk cooking, too! It sounds like you've a busy day planned - cookery class, coffee with J, and a bit of grocery shopping, too. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yellow ones must be shy!

      I'm please with how the piano lessons are going. I saw that you have been discussing when your lessons will restart ... have you been practicing?

      Today's plans had to change as J is poorly, so I didn't go shopping either ... will save that until I next have to do into town. I'm having a good day though, thanks.

      Delete
  2. I am so impressed with your persistence and consistent step-by-step forward. Very inspiring! (I’ve been reading for a long time but only now sorted out the ability to comment properly.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Welcome to my blog and many thanks for your kind words. I'll be over to visit your blog later on.

      Delete
  3. Maybe the yellow flowers are a bit shy and will show up later :) The fish curry sounds nice and doenjoy your afternoon meetup and coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think you've got it right and the yellow ones are shy 😂

      The fish curry looked lovely - it's steamed so much lighter than a lot of curries and I'll have a go at cooking it when I have all the ingredients.

      My meet with J had to be cancelled as she is poorly so I've been tackling tomorrow's tasks instead.

      Delete
    2. Maybe they looked out, saw the daffodils and went back in in a huff!

      Delete
  4. Although no yellow in sight, they are still very beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty crocus. Do you think the joy of practice & exam piano playing is because of the new piano; ease of use, better sound? Oh I miss those meet up with friends that seem to make time vanish, I call that Tardis time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's partly because of the new piano but is as much to do with the choice of music as well. With this exam board you can choose your own pieces instead of choosing from a limited selection set by the board, so I've been able to learn pieces that I love.

      Tardis time is a great way of describing it!

      Delete
  6. Lovely crocuses. Do you underplant your tubs?
    I had some pale purple ones which bloomed for the first time this year, having been in the ground for years. They didn't last long but I saw some really beautiful ones in the park a few days ago. Two kinds of purple, some white and some striped. Quite a few yellow, but not as many. How lovely to see the sun these past couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No there's no underplanting with these pots but some of next year's pots may be.

      I like crocus time but am not particularly fond of the white ones for some reason. Yes, the sun has been a very welcome visitor over the last couple of days and great to see some blue sky.

      Delete
  7. That sounds like an incredibly productive day, especially curled up with a book - that's always good for your mental health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best way to spend my time ... losing myself in a book!

      Delete
  8. Very pretty flowers. Sorry about your Kindle. They do seem to do that after a while. If you want to replace it keep an eye out for the sales - they have them really cheap at times. Maybe with mother's day coming up they might go on sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to wait a while and see if I miss the Kindle. I have plenty of books to read and it will be nice to get away from using a screen.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts