Monday 7th March


66/365: an empty patio! 
the two remaining planters are covering a loose paver so have been left there for safety


The patio has been cleared in preparation for the cleaning and repointing so it's now ready for whenever the landscaper is able to start the work! I moved all the blue bulbs pots (yesterday's photo) and the planted pots (above) to the end of the garden on Saturday, and my nephew moved all of the empty ones into the garage yesterday morning. He moved all of the ones that I'd left because they were too heavy for me, even with the sack truck, but he just ignored the sack truck and picked them up one at a time and carried them into the garage! 

I'm meeting up with Joy this morning for a bit of a Jolly Girl's Outing. We are meeting in Edington, about 7½ miles away, to look around the Priory Church. I haven't been there for ages but it's a lovely place and I'm looking forward to seeing it again. 

This afternoon I want to arrange a couple of medical appointments ... or try to anyway! The one to see the optician should be fairly easy but I'm not holding out much hope for a face-to-face one with my doctor! I'm expecting a long wait in the phone queue so will snuggle up on the sofa with a book and a hot drink to enjoy myself while I'm waiting. 

'To Sir, With Love' is on TV tonight. I've had that song running on repeat in my head for the past few days so I think that's tonight's viewing sorted! 

Comments

  1. I love the assorted nature of the pots. They look ready to go with the spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's lots of buds/new growth on most of the plants in pots, just all the fuchsias looking a bit sorry for themselves!

      Delete
  2. That is a lot of pots. Your nephew sounds like a good strong man not to need the sack truck to move the pots. Enjoy your visit to the church today and I hope you get through on the phone without a big long wait this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe he just picked them up like that. I couldn't manage one of the bigger pots when it was empty let alone filled with soil, but he didn't have any problems!

      We had a good look round at the church and I have an optician appt, but no luck with the doctor surgery so far. I'm there tomorrow for blood tests so will try again then.

      Delete
  3. The patio looks very different without the pots! The pots do look nice all arranged together at the other end! I'm glad your nephew was able to help you with the heavier pots and I hope you've rested your knee! Enjoy meeting up with Joy and seeing the Priory Church. Hope you are able to make your medical appointments without a long wait on the phone to get through! Have a lovely day, Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it looks a lot bigger so will be making some decisions about how many pots to put back. My nephew was brilliant and I know who to ask when I have to put them back!

      We had a good time at the church this morning and I now have an appointment with the optician but no luck with the doctor so far. I hope you have a lovely day too, especially after your busy day yesterday.

      Delete
  4. Doesn't the empty patio look like a new palette to create with. Yeah to the strength of youth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does. I'm giving some careful thought about how many pots I want out and, who will get the plants I don't want to keep. My nephew was brilliant and I always forget just how strong he is!

      Delete
  5. Hi Eileen,
    You have many vases with beautiful flowers (only the magnolia is missing;))) and your patio will look beautiful!
    I hope your walk this morning was beautiful and that you had visited the church.
    Good idea, a book and a hot drink while you wait for the doctor.
    I wish you a good week.
    Hugs,
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ailime. I wish I could have a magnolia but there's no room unfortunately. I've been looking through this year's plant catalogues to see what I can have instead!

      Yes, we visited the church and I followed that up with a cosy afternoon at home.

      I hope you have a good week too xx

      Delete
  6. Wow that does look different!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks a lot bigger now and will soon look a lot brighter and cleaner as well!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts