Weekly Reflections

 

65/365: Spring bulbs in blue pots

Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • phoning, texting and emailing with family and friends
  • enjoying an afternoon at the cinema with L
  • spending a lovely afternoon with KCH and catching up with all of her news
  • being able to spend some time in the garden
  • planning some day trips for later in the month
  • adding a few more dates in my diary, mainly arrangements to meet friends for coffee
  • managing to get an appointment for blood and BP tests
  • receiving the plant catalogues and spending time trying to decide on the annuals for this year's summer colour
  • yet another migraine free week ... that's three consecutive weeks now!

I am grateful ...
  • for offers of help from nephew A and neighbour S
  • that my sister and BiL seem to have relatively mild bouts of Covid and that, so far, Little Man appears to remain negative
  • that I was lucky enough to know Ced for so many years, and for the wonderful life we had together


Lifestyle changes
  • exercise: 
    • daily walk. Achieved, but only doing a 10 minute walk every day
    • daily knee strengthening. Achieved, but currently only doing 10 minutes every day
    • Mad March Mile daily. Achieved 
  • weight: no change

Comments

  1. Such good reasons to be cheerful. It's good to know your sister and brother-in-law aren't too ill from this horrible virus and you are not suffering from those migraines. I did go awww when I read your tribute to your late partner, that was lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, My sister says she's feeling a little better this morning and it now feels like a heavy cold. This is the longest I've been without a migraine for ... I don't know how long, to be honest, but it feels good! xx

      Delete
  2. Lots of wonderful reasons for being cheerful and grateful, this week, too. I enjoy reading these weekly reflections. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. It's been another good week and I'm happy to hear that you enjoy reading the weekly reflections. xx

      Delete
  3. Hope your sister and her husband are rallying and won't suffer any long lasting effects. I envy you your large family, friends circle and frequent phone calls. However I'm certainly not complaining. I only have to turn the news on to reflect on how fortunate I am to have even my basic human needs met. Three weeks without a migraine is not to be sniffed at!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister said that she's feeling a little better now and symptoms are downgraded to a heavy cold, so it's all looking good for them so far.

      I know I'm lucky to have so many people in my life. We're all trying to make more effort following the separation imposed during the pandemic and I really hope that continues now life is getting busier again.

      Three weeks and counting ... long may it continue. I'm trying not to think about how bad the next one will be! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts